What's new

Ridiculous Customer Support

soj

Founder
I have just experienced the most ridiculous customer support. I have some domains at Domain Central, and received an email notifying me that I have a domain expiring soon. So i go to login to my account and cant access it. I check my username and password to make sure it is correct, and it is. So i go through any other emails i have received from Domain Central and noticed this one, sent on Feb 9 2009
Domain Central has recently updated your account management passwords and domain name password as part of its new
security measures. You require this password to renew your domain name, update nameservers, contacts and manage your
hosting. You will be sent this by separate email shortly
So i go through more emails and notice I never received this new password. I email their help desk and 7 days later, have received NO replys, not even an automated response. I found a phone number, not available on their website, and gave them a call. It is a call back service, so I am supposed to leave a phone number and name and they will call me back, I continue to do so and get cut off, going straight back to the start of the automated telephone service, saying I have to leave a name and number. Also their live chat on the website is useless, how can it be live when it is just a contact form. Another form of contact in which I will most likely never receive a reply.

All I want to do is renew my domains so they don't expire, also wanted to register some new ones, but the way things are going, it seems all my domains are going to expire and ill have to try and pick them up elsewhere, if someone else doesnt pick them up first :(

soj

Founder
Hahahaha things have just got worse. I tried registering another domain with them just for kicks, and it seems that the domain, which was readily available for registration, has failed in being registered. I am listed on the whois data, but in my domain management panel it says "Service Creation Failed: Domain registration failed - reported by Registrar." under the Service History tab. I have attempted to contact them, lets see how long, if at all they even respond to my support request via there supposed "Live Chat" panel. What an absolute joke. The worst thing is, I can't even register this domain at another registrar as it says its taken. I NEED this domain now, not in a week when they feel like resolving this major issue.

Anyone else having issues registering domains with them?

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Hahahaha things have just got worse. I tried registering another domain with them just for kicks, and it seems that the domain, which was readily available for registration, has failed in being registered. I am listed on the whois data, but in my domain management panel it says "Service Creation Failed: Domain registration failed - reported by Registrar." under the Service History tab. I have attempted to contact them, lets see how long, if at all they even respond to my support request via there supposed "Live Chat" panel. What an absolute joke. The worst thing is, I can't even register this domain at another registrar as it says its taken. I NEED this domain now, not in a week when they feel like resolving this major issue.

Anyone else having issues registering domains with them?

Woah, never come across that before. Maybe they have issues with their AusRegistry account.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I have a few domains with them with the following status:

Domain Status: In Processing
Last Operation Status: Transfer not Completed
Registration Date: 01-Jan-1970

which is rather frustrating. They definitely have some problems at the moment. Will be interesting to see what becomes of this Brisconnections thing next month.... I hope they can pull through!!

soj

Founder
This is the status of mine,

Domain Status: Prepared
Last Operation Status: Registration Failed
Registration Date: 01-Jan-1970

soj

Founder
Haha, so very true. Well it seems when I attempt to goto the URL of the domain registered, that it says this "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.textads.com.au."

By the way, textads.com.au isn't even the domain i tried to register, which is why it is so weird. What happens to your domain David?

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
looks like there is more to this hacking thing than first revealed. i won't go into it, but i'm sure it will all come out in the wash soon enough!

suffice to say, if i had domains with them... i'd be moving them.

soj

Founder
This has FINALLY been sorted out, 3 weeks later, the domain has been registered and working perfectly. All it took was a Formal Complaint to the auda, a couple of emails back and forth between a rep from them and then i got a call from DomainCentral support. Not to say about 5 attempts at calling them and just getting their "call back" service who not once called me back. Was only when someone from the auda told them to sort out my problem did I get things fixed. Seriously, how can you run a business like this.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member