1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Retail Price increase for .au names?

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by djuqa, Feb 24, 2014.

1. nina

nina Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I don't think there is a wholesale section to VentraIP at this point in time. There was an announcement, but to my knowledge, there is no option for wholesale because I remember reading about it a while ago. Have I missed something?

Nina

2. James

James Membership: VIP

I remember Angelo said that their were cheaper plans for Wholesale customers now? I can not find the link.

3. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

4. geodomains

geodomains Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I'm not happy with the increase, I'll be moving my domains as I get time. $5 increase is a bit hard.

Don

1 person likes this.
  5. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Moving them where?

6. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community

I'm guessing Don means anywhere other than VentraIP...

I've been a big supporter of VentraIP and have spruiked your name and link and have a couple of hosting accounts with you guys.

I was previously considering bringing some domains over to you, but I'm now holding off... The carrot that was dangling (pricing) is gone now.

7. VentraIP

Pricing shouldn't always be the determining factor though. And again, where else are you going to find better pricing direct from a registrar that includes DNS hosting, URL and email forwarding?

We appreciate the support from customers like yourself, but at the end of the day our domain names were severely undervalued in the market and we decided to move back from what was actually a promotional price change that just stuck around for just over a year.

Our CoR cost is still $19.95 and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

If you have a large number of domains then all you need to do is move to VentraIP Wholesale (soon to be Synergy Wholesale) and you will enjoy prices that are less than our previous $19.95 price! :)

Alternatively, you may want to check out http://zuver.net.au/domain-names which is our budget brand. They offer the same interface and services and .com.au and .net.au domain names are $20 for 2 years there.

And I'll give you some exclusive news... Zuver is provisionally auDA accredited ;)

8. ttfan

ttfan Membership: Community

As a VentraIP customers I'm disappointed you did not notify existing customers though. An Email explaining that the old prices were not sustainable would not have put me off as I understand the reasons, but an increase without any sort of notification feels unprofessional, and makes me wonder what other prices will (or have already) increase without my knowledge.

2 people like this.
  9. VentraIP

Point taken and I'll talk with the team today about it.

10. nina

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Here's that I'm seeing VentraIP - you've got a whole lot going on within your own infrastructure but not relaying that to your customers.

Firstly - this is the first I've heard about 'zuver- and it sends a further average message that not only have you updated the price 25%, but you're here spruiking a cheaper brand you own, and I think in this forum you'll find that most people here are in fact 'wholesale' type of clients - what constitutes 'wholesale'?

How many domains do I need to have to be regarded as a wholesale customer?

Where is this 'wholesale' offering you speak of when the site you talk about has a 'coming soon' image?

Is it not apparent on the dntrade forum that you're talking to people who are traders in domains and have more than the average business?

I think I hear all the cool things you're doing and no doubt it will be awesome but your timing is bad, the way you handle the delivery of your price rise could be handled better and having a wholesale site appear to not exist and the prices going up without notice is not instilling confidence in the market.

All I need to do is move to the wholesale offering that doesn't exist.. I think you need to perhaps address how you are going to sell what you have because as I see it now..

A website that doesn't exist..
    A budget site that exists that is cheaper that probably most have not heard of.

What will be the purpose of VentraIP then? If one is for budget and one is for wholesale what does VentraIP then represent in the future.

Personally I think diluting your offering like this with such different names is not the right way to go - TPP has TPPWholesale - that's pretty straight forward and the TPP name is kept intact.

Will your wholesale area be designed for those who want to resell like TPP has?

On another note - I am very glad VentraIP that you are answering these questions in this forum because it's not actually a comfortable place to be in and my questions are not meant to antagonise you or point fingers, but I have this terrible trait of 'a spade is a spade' and if it sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Sadly I lack the 'sugar coating' skills that others have, but my intentions and questions are genuine because I have 105 domains with you and about 190 with TPP and perhaps another 150 with others such as moniker and godaddy and 101domains which I'm looking at ways of consolidating and in this forum I'm an itty bitty fish, so I think what I write is also on the minds of others who have helped grow your business by high volume domain turn over...

Nina

1 person likes this.
  11. angelogiuffrida

angelogiuffrida Membership: VIP

You don't need a minimum number of domains. It's a separate service sold (currently) by VentraIP Wholesale, which is transitioning to Synergy Wholesale.

The service already exists, and there's information on it online at http://www.ventraipwholesale.com.au/resell-domain-names/

If you've got questions, shoot an email to sales@ventraipwholesale.com.au

12. nina

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Oh yes - I see that now! That's embarrassing - I remember last time I went there there was coming soon... so after clicking it lots of times, I just never bothered to go there again..

Thanks for that!!!

Goes to show - coming soon pages suck if you ask me!

Nina

13. angelogiuffrida

angelogiuffrida Membership: VIP

I agree with you Nina, you have no idea how frustrating it is!

The feedback has definitely been taken on-board.

Thanks, Angelo

14. VentraIP

Also Nina, we've emailed VentraIP customers about Zuver and VentraIP Wholesale many, many times now. Are you subscribed to get our marketing emails? If not, you probably should make sure they are enabled in VIPControl. :)

We will be having specials on domain names from time to time and the best way to find out about those specials is from those emails.

1 person likes this.
  15. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Go Daddy.

Most of my domains are now with Go Daddy, mainly because it's a lot easier to manage everything from one place (and I prefer their domain management tools), but now that I have more .com.au domains the price increase would have swayed me too.

You do have better email forwarding though, as a wildcard can be used (Go Daddy requires specific addresses and I believe there is a cap on the number of forwards). I haven't used email forwarding for unhosted domains (I.e. not through cPanel etc) for a while now, so things may have changed a bit.

I still have hosting accounts with VentraIP and a small number of domains. Your team does offer responsive and helpful service, which is why I continue to use your hosting products.

16. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community

As awesome as it is that you offer "all-inclusive" domains, I already have several HOSTING accounts which all of my domains are parked on - so I have no need for those services. So that feature is lost on me, and all others like me.

Also, for those of us with large domain portfolios, even $1 per domain adds up big. And i'm definitely NOT one of the ones making a profit off domains.

Watch the "domains registered" ay VentraIP graph go downwards now. But I bet you'll throw "speicals" at the old price randomly ;) I know, I know, business decision, profit margins, bottom line, ra ra ra.

Not something I will ever need to use.

For the trouble, I'll stick with TPP Wholesale :)

Pass

[/quote]And I'll give you some exclusive news... Zuver is provisionally auDA accredited ;)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations.

1 person likes this.
  17. Showbiz

Showbiz Membership: Trader

Price hike

That was a mighty price hike! And without any announcement. With our large portfolio we'll need to take action.
    Should talk to your customers guys...keep us in the loop.
    Treat us with more respect in the future.

18. Showbiz

Showbiz Membership: Trader

Go Nina

Go Nina! Well written. I'm with you on this one 100%.

19. jamesrayers

jamesrayers Membership: Trader

1. It should always be a company policy to inform customers of a price rise well ahead of time. Obviously this has already been raised as an issue and I'm sure it will be built in to VentraIP policy in future.
    2. There's probably a bit of a discrepancy between what the general market response to this price is, and the domainer response. In reality if you expect wholesale prices you can't expect any retail extras like support and DNS. Having hundreds of domains is a fairly unique situation so is difficult to consider when you are a retail business.
    3. Probably what Australia needs is a domainer-oriented registrar that can worry less about technical support and more about low COR, easy transfers and bulk management. If as a business you know a customer has 200 domains to bring in, then making a profit of $1/year per domain is much more manageable.
    4. I don't think VentraIP has been remotely quiet about their wholesale offering. It's at the very top of every page on their retail website. Sure pricing is a little vague but a quick email to their support team will reveal everything you need to know. As I understand the pricing behind the scenes is confidential so I can't reveal that, but I know it currently costs $100 to join 'Wholesale System'. FYI I was advised to join at this price, not wait for Synergy Wholesale.

20. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

I still have some names with Ventraip.com.au. I will not pay to join any Ventraip "wholesale system" for .com.au name registrations and renewals which would have me pay the same price as I can get anyway elsewhere ( at onlydomains.com.au).

If ventraip.com.au keep the price at $19.95 and doesnt increase it by 25%. I will keep the names at ventraip.

The no notice to existing loyal customers and 25% extra charge for no added customer benefits is not good in my opinion.

Onlydomains.com.au is $19.90 for registrations and renewals. Their service is excelllent from my experience
    • Live human phone support Free
    • Ticket system replied to same day ( No extra cost!)
    • You can also email them
      Free DNS hosting
      • Yes all the features most people will need
        Great easy admin panel with no bugs I have experienced, auto renew admin is easy etc

It really is up to Ventraip.com.au what they do. I had been fairly happy until now with them. It is their business and they can charge whatever they like. It's also up to customers to choose what they do and who they use.

I can see no reason why people pay more than they could and should for .com.au registrations and renewals.

1 person likes this.