1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

reselling domains

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by findtim, Jul 2, 2013.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i just can't believe that the amount of times i have phoned you guys and asked to become a reseller of domain names that i have had no contact !!!!

everytime i have phoned i have go pushed away with " its not ready" so WHY wouldn't you record my details and phone me back when its ready, or is still not? i don't know because i do not think it is MY job to keep trying to buy from you.

if this is the level of service you give to people not paying you but wanting to buy then what is the level of serve once i commit ?

i seem to remember 1 statement on DNT that said you don't want small accounts, i can't find it now so sorry but i do remember reading it.

so who is your target market? because i am not going to move all my domains over if the price isn't right and the service isn't good.

i'm with crazyD and would only phone them once every 2 months -ish, thats all i am asking

tim

2. Alex

Alex Membership: Community

It doesn't seem like their wholesale system -> http://www.ventraipwholesale.com.au/ <- is very sorted. Took me like 3 emails to, 1 application form to get enough info outta them to know wholesale hosting is not yet available. In all fairness I think it is good they are entering this market and do think they will be able to greatly improve it.

3. angelogiuffrida

angelogiuffrida Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Tim,

The Wholesale System has been open to everybody since September 29th last year. And you know it has since you were the first to reply to the thread where we announced it - https://www.dntrade.com.au/ventraip-com-au/6037-waiting-our-wholsale-system.html

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused by what you're saying? If you did contact us before that date (whilst we were still in final stages of testing, with a closed system with a handful of invited clients) then you should have been emailed in late September to inform you of the date that it was being opened to the general public.

If you're interested in VentraIP Wholesale services, then please contact our Wholesale sales team at sales@ventraipwholesale.com.au for more information, or apply online at http://wholesalesystem.com.au/signup

Alex, you'll find the pricing is missing from the website because our Wholesale clients provided us with feedback on publishing the prices. Contact the Sales team and we'll be able to assist.

Cheers,

Angelo

4. Alex

Hi Angelo...

Understood the point about clients provided us with feedback on publishing the prices. Think not publishing is preferable.

Am I wrong to thing that http://ventraipwholesale.com.au/ is not currently offering hosting for web hosting resellers? I am under the impression it is not available yet.

5. angelogiuffrida

auDA Member:
    Yes
    VentraIP Wholesale does not offer hosting services via the Wholesale System platform at this point of time. We're in final stages of testing internally, but no ETA on public launch.

The hosting services purchasable via the Wholesale System will come in an Economy & Business flavour (similar to our retail offerings).

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Angelo

6. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes

PM sent just so we don't create a drama when its not needed :)

tim

7. angelogiuffrida

auDA Member:
    Yes
    No problems Tim, no drama mate :)

8. Alex

Agree no drama :) Will be interesting most interested to see how it all works.

btw - http://zuver.net.au is very well done.

Kind Regards,
    Alex

9. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    all cool, angelo got back to me, in hindsight i should have gone via ventra support so i would say i stuffed up :eek:

tim

1 person likes this.
  10. angelogiuffrida

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Don't be silly Tim, here to help & always happy to help! :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Alex

One thing Angelo... If you could clear up for me?

Will users reselling hosting services via the Wholesale System platform use WHM and WHMCS to manage their customers accounts?

It would appear from the emails I have received it will not. + the comment "hosting services purchasable via the Wholesale System will come in an Economy & Business flavour (similar to our retail offerings' further indicate the management of the wholesale will be set by VentrIP.

Kind Regards,
    Alex

12. angelogiuffrida

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You can use WHMCS to manage domain names (we have a WHMCS module), and I believe we'll also have a WHMCS module for managing and ordering of hosting services via the Wholesale System.

The plans aren't finalised yet, but I don't believe you'll have access to WHM (since they're individual cPanel services).

Essentially, the Wholesale System will act as what WHM would in any other reseller environment.

The above is subject to change, but that's how I understand it's currently being utilised in-house and during our testing & product development.

13. Alex