What's new

Reliable Australian hosts

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hi all,

Looking for a reliable Australian host, needs to have unlimited domains, unlimited mysql, preferably under $10/mo,

Sing out if you know of anyone,

Shane

Top Contributor
They aren't under $10 a month, but I've had a reseller account with GDwebhosting for the last few years and I can't speak highly enough of them.

In the rare instance that my sites go down, they are onto the case within five minutes of posting a support ticket.

snoopy

Top Contributor
They aren't under $10 a month, but I've had a reseller account with GDwebhosting for the last few years and I can't speak highly enough of them.

In the rare instance that my sites go down, they are onto the case within five minutes of posting a support ticket.

Cheers,

That is the best I've found so far, look to be $6.95 plans with unlimited domains (I think?) and unlimited sql.

Last edited:

Ash

Top Contributor
I think VentraIP's hosting is pretty good.

You can get their economy-2 hosting for 9.95 a month, or get 50% discount off your first invoice (best deal is if you pay for up to two years) and the disk space and data transfer look better than gd.

Also get unlimited addons, parked and sqls.

Ash.

jam

Top Contributor
Try Crucial Paradigm (Affiliate link)
Best host I have used, support is 2nd to none.
Have a look at the business plans, use the 50% off for life coupon to get it under $10

WG2010

Archived Member
I'd still recommend VentraIP even though they had a few hiccups in December that made me rage.

WG2010

Archived Member
What were the hiccups Wor?

I forget the specific details but there was some issue in one of the Melb centres and the back up power didn't turn on right. A bunch of my sites were offline for a good 10 hours or so. Technically, it wasn't their fault but end result was the same regardless.

There was also quite a bit of maintenance done during peak hours instead of early morning. I'm sure one of their reps will venture in here and explain why but I wasn't impressed my sites were offline during peak hours.

I would've left if it wasn't for their great support, prices and great track record. It was the first time I had experienced any down time or anything negative with them. Just came all at once unfortunately.

VentraIP

Top Contributor
I can happily tell you what hiccups we had. :)

We had a power outage at our data centre which was very uncommon and I seriously doubt would ever happen again, given that they've installed brand new generators (not the plural).

We also had some planned network outages to upgrade our core routers in Sydney and Melbourne that took a little longer than we thought, but otherwise customers services have since remained without incident.

Since then we've added new providers, we maintain our own backhaul between Sydney and Melbourne, and we've shifted our shared nodes to a new VMware-based high availability platform that is running very nicely. :)

Shaun

Top Contributor
Suppose you do get what you pay for.

I'd always pay slightly more and go with a reputable hosting company like www.aussiehost.com

They have great service as well.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Ended up going with ventraip and have found it to be pretty good thus far.

Mainly moved because of potential benefits from using an Australian host and things do look to have improved ranking wise, hard to know for sure if the two are related but it seems like it is. Response times are a lot faster of course also compared to a US host which is perhaps the underlying reason.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Ended up going with ventraip and have found it to be pretty good thus far.

Mainly moved because of potential benefits from using an Australian host and things do look to have improved ranking wise, hard to know for sure if the two are related but it seems like it is. Response times are a lot faster of course also compared to a US host which is perhaps the underlying reason.

I'm still looking for proof on the hosting server in relation to SEO.

I'd be happy to compare examples.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members