What's new

Registrations

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Hi guys

Out of curiosity I decided to search the new TLD list, I was surprised to find some half decent keywords, rego $30 so I picked up a couple, anyone else out there care to share their own rego's;

I picked up:
design.website
create.website

half decent I reckon.

James

Top Contributor
The only new TLD we own is prosperity.agency
Many digital agencies go after .agency so thought will pick it up.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Very true Spacey, its a little weird to say to someone, go to... "create.website" everyone including myself expect the dot com or dot com au after it.

findtim

Top Contributor
IMO , very few of the new gtld's will work, corporates like BMW i think will but that conversation is in another thread.
even developing them is a waste of time, you enter into the "brandable" model which becomes expensive ESPECIALLY in the "new unknown gtld space"

save your money and buy a good .com.au or .com
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Would be very careful if you are finding lots of "half decent" sounding names. These are the types of names that would be worth a few hundred dollars wholesale in .com form.

The other problem is $30 is a very high registration fee. Even a good quality portfolio would be lucky to have a 1/100 sell through rate to endusers a year and these are miles away from being good quality. If you take say a 1 in 500 sell through rate (mort realistic given the names) each sale achieved is going to cost 500 x $30 = $15,000 in renewal fees.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Wise words and valuable insight right there from Snoop. They need to be added to a "before you blow your dough" sticky.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Absolutely agree with you snoop...the funny thing about my registrations via ventraip was when I saw it wasn't active so I raised a ticket...they said it's not registered....
Unfortunately there is no way to check whether any particular domain is 'premium' until we attempt to register them.

If you would like to purchase these (they will likely be in the $1000's of dollars) we can facilitate this for you.

I thought, so why isn't it explained when I purchased it? I suspect they will not tell you unless a ticket is raised to enquire or dispute it. So those registrations are misleading because no information is available when processing the rego.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo