What's new

Register a trade mark...

asantha

Top Contributor
I am looking fwd to register a TM,, But most of providers are very expensive to use,, But using direct application may cost only $120,,, But is it worth to apply through an agent? does any one know good provider? thanks

asantha

Top Contributor
when i search TM it says at the end "Indexing Details - Word Constituents" Do i have to enter them in the application? or its just generated from the ATMOSS...

Thanks

I am looking fwd to register a TM,, But most of providers are very expensive to use,, But using direct application may cost only $120,,, But is it worth to apply through an agent? does any one know good provider? thanks

Hi Asantha, the question you have to ask a provider of trade mark services is whether its an automated system (which many are - and which are useless) or is it a system which has a trade mark lawyer or attorney prepare and review the application. If the cost issue is what you are looking at, that is typically a key reason why some providers are cheaper than others.

We offer a personalised service for trade mark applications - we will advise you on the correct classes and prepare the application and file them for you. Give us a call or PM me to discuss

scurve

Hi asantha,

We tried registering a TM on our own, wanted to save the money, it is as simple as filling in the form and paying the lodgement fee.

After we submitted 4 applications for a term/industry with no real competition, all 4 were applications failed, I had a short attention span and moved onto other interests.

Later talking to an IP Lawyer, we were told lots of self registered applications fail.

I strongly suggest using a lawyer!

Although I have never used CooperMills, they have a great reputation and have been very active in the community for a while.

scurve

Even though I am born here and am an Aussie, I do have Sicilian blood, we cannot live without a discount...

johno69

Top Contributor
I've never had a problem using the quick start on the ip aus site.

Mine have all received pre approval and went on to be registered without a hitch.

I'm looking to expand internationally with some TMs so will look into options more then.

Victor

Later talking to an IP Lawyer, we were told lots of self registered applications fail.

I agree. But that's because I'm a trade marks lawyer and I want all of you to give me all your money.

In seriousness, of the DIY registration that get through, a number will be registered incorrectly so that they are effectively useless. It's what I call the trade mark time bomb <cue dramatic music>.

Cheers,
Victor

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members