1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Reducing Shopping Cart Abandonment

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by Christopher, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Christopher

Christopher Membership: Community

Hey Guys,

I'm excited to see my article on Shopping Cart Abandonment has finally being published on Marketing.com.au

To read the article it can be found here http://marketing.com.au/reducing-shopping-cart-abandonment/

Do you have other, methods to track and reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment?

chris and Scott7 like this.
  2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I use Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce. Sends automated emails at times you like with details of their cart and offers you set to help get them over the line. Lots of tracking included.

Christopher likes this.
  3. Christopher

Thanks Johno,
    The more I look into it for WordPress, I see quite a few plugins for it. The trick will be testing them and making sure it works. I've seen a few that require the user to be logged in first, well this is stupid, because its not a natural thing to do, the only thing I can think of is using Facebook connect, and locking content, forcing them to log in, then you can retarget them to your hearts content.

4. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hard to send someone an email with a deal if you don't have their email.

Yes it requires login but they are more likely to follow through if they have gotten that far too.

So much more success and really warm leads not just tyre kickers.

Christopher likes this.
  5. Christopher

Yes true.
    I like the ones that change the order of the cart to ask for email address first, and saves it via ajax, so that if they bounce before finishing the cart, you can still follow up, as the fields get saved on the fly. That is how Carthook works.

johno69 likes this.