What's new

Red-handed ABN Hijack

robert

Top Contributor
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of these international cybersquatters hijacking our Australian domain names. Sure, there's something to be said that if we opened the space up, then the market would be different, but as it stands today, there are policy rules for owning .com.au names.
Maybe this can be the new hub where we can post red-handed ABN Hijacking culprits?
I am going to start posting culprits that I catch right here.
This is ridiculous.
When is auDA going to do something about this?

robert

Top Contributor
CloudTree.com.au looks to me as though it has been ABN Hijacked today.

Whois response for cloudtree.com.au:

Domain Name cloudtree.com.au
Status ok
Registrar Name Public Domain Registry Pty Ltd
Registrant YOUNG ANIMAL PROTECTION SOCIETY INC
Registrant ID ABN 78829761427
Eligibility Type Other
Registrant Contact ID DI_63131165
Registrant Contact Name Xavier Tanner
Registrant Contact Email kgd461@163.com
Tech Contact ID DI_63131165
Tech Contact Name Xavier Tanner
Tech Contact Email kgd461@163.com
Name Server f1g1ns1.dnspod.net
Name Server f1g1ns2.dnspod.net
DNSSEC unsigned

robert

Top Contributor
It was also a Policy Delete. So it would be very interesting to see who made the complaint (if there was one) to see if it's the same person. This is yet another reason why complaints about names should be made public, and not secret.

robert

Top Contributor
It is baffling how we have all these policy rules, yet auDA know about this and continue to do nothing about it. You would think they would create a new/better system to stamp this out. An easy example would be to have a specific submission form for ABN HIJACKING and then they would have a dedicated ABN HIJACKING MANAGER taking names off these scammers daily!

robert

Top Contributor
Here we go, I just spent TIME and submitted this complaint to auDA... Will document how this goes on this thread...
---------

Today, CloudTree.com.au was registered after the drops finished.
Here is the WHOIS

Whois response for cloudtree.com.au:

Domain Name cloudtree.com.au
Status ok
Registrar Name Public Domain Registry Pty Ltd
Registrant YOUNG ANIMAL PROTECTION SOCIETY INC
Registrant ID ABN 78829761427
Eligibility Type Other
Registrant Contact ID DI_63131165
Registrant Contact Name Xavier Tanner
Registrant Contact Email kgd461@163.com
Tech Contact ID DI_63131165
Tech Contact Name Xavier Tanner
Tech Contact Email kgd461@163.com
Name Server f1g1ns1.dnspod.net
Name Server f1g1ns2.dnspod.net

DNSSEC unsigned

I was watching this name, to see who would pick it up, once the drops ended today.

This person is clearly ABN HIJACKING

This person does not have any affiliation with the ABN holder. Not only that, his email and website is CLEARLY not in Australia.

Please don't quote policy to me and say I have to prove this. I don't have the time. This is auDA's job to prove, not mine, now that I have "reported" it.

Please dedicate this case to someone at auDA - who is being "paid" to protect the .com.au space - to call the ABN holder and ask to speak to "Xavier Tanner" and quote his email address. There will obviously be no one working there by that name. Which will mean this name has been illegally registered according to auDA policy, and you can serve your infamous Policy Delete email to them.

If you intend to reply that this is not a service that auDA currently performs, please create this new service over the next few days because it is high time and auDA has been requested to create this service many times in the past.

Please let me know your progress.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
auDA may be too busy looking at property to buy for itself with the money $12+ Million it has in the bank from domain name registrant income ,,,,They where looking to buy the building they had the lease on before..Not bad for a "Not For Profit"... too busy for this problem of actual Australian Domain Name Administration it seems ?

helloworld

Top Contributor
Just proof it can't be monitored and they should open up .com.au

It's all for SEO purposes. I've joined a few groups whom talk about getting around ABN footprints. It's not going to stop, if anything it will increase. At the end of the day, money talks

robert

Top Contributor
It depends if foreigners want to register our names legitimately for business reasons (like the application for trademark route) or if they're doing it just for link juice and spam reasons.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member