What's new

recover deleted facebook page

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Does anyone know if it is possible to recover a deleted facebook page?

If not, can another page be created with the same username/url?

TIA

James

Top Contributor
You can put a complaint in to Facebook to a specific email address I have, It has worked on 2 cases for me. PM me I can send you it.

Good article here about it:

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=190993354282387

Recently I have been spending a bit of paid advertising on some of my top Facebook pages, I have also purchased the exact matching domain for the name/ email all hooked up of the page and keep content 100% original.

How many likes did you loose?

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Thanks James, I have been out of action for a few days. I have PM'd you :)

I did not loose that many likes, but it was the exact name that I wanted to keep secured, and I was not sure if I had to create the page from scratch would I get the exact name again? As in does this go back into some kind of pool of available names or is it then reserved.

Cheers...

chris

Top Contributor
I've heard of Twitter usernames being purged, but not sure about Facebook vanity URLs, but best thing to do it try it and see what happens :)

Let us know how you go.

James

Top Contributor
Any updates on this one, I guess the quickest way to loose a Facebook page is if they have a trademark on the term. This actually happened to a "fan page" I made. I think the best way to deal with Facebook pages today is to keep them generic and brand related. I also notice if you have a big page i.e 100,000+ genuine likes Facebook does reach out to you and ask you to change the name of the page. This actually happened to me for one page.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Thanks James, I contacted them but no luck. I ended up creating the page again from scratch.

The worst part of this is it was deleted by a page admin who just decided that because the page had not been updated for a while, that it must no longer be wanted and was just taking up space...

Heh! gotta love it when people think things through :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo