1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

recover deleted facebook page

Discussion in 'Social Media & Networking' started by petermeadit, Oct 12, 2013.

1. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Does anyone know if it is possible to recover a deleted facebook page?

If not, can another page be created with the same username/url?

TIA

2. James

James Membership: VIP

You can put a complaint in to Facebook to a specific email address I have, It has worked on 2 cases for me. PM me I can send you it.

Good article here about it:

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=190993354282387

Recently I have been spending a bit of paid advertising on some of my top Facebook pages, I have also purchased the exact matching domain for the name/ email all hooked up of the page and keep content 100% original.

How many likes did you loose?

1 person likes this.
  3. petermeadit

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks James, I have been out of action for a few days. I have PM'd you :)

I did not loose that many likes, but it was the exact name that I wanted to keep secured, and I was not sure if I had to create the page from scratch would I get the exact name again? As in does this go back into some kind of pool of available names or is it then reserved.

Cheers...

4. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I've heard of Twitter usernames being purged, but not sure about Facebook vanity URLs, but best thing to do it try it and see what happens :)

Let us know how you go.

1 person likes this.
  5. James

James Membership: VIP

Any updates on this one, I guess the quickest way to loose a Facebook page is if they have a trademark on the term. This actually happened to a "fan page" I made. I think the best way to deal with Facebook pages today is to keep them generic and brand related. I also notice if you have a big page i.e 100,000+ genuine likes Facebook does reach out to you and ask you to change the name of the page. This actually happened to me for one page.

6. petermeadit

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Thanks James, I contacted them but no luck. I ended up creating the page again from scratch.

The worst part of this is it was deleted by a page admin who just decided that because the page had not been updated for a while, that it must no longer be wanted and was just taking up space...

Heh! gotta love it when people think things through :)