What's new

Real Estate Domain Development

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Hello DNTrade members and guests

Just following on from this thread about geo + suburb domain development

I have the odd geo and geo + RealEstate domain/s and was toying with the idea of doing something with them. I am a newbie at domaining but have been in I.T industry for years, (not sure if that matters however).

I'm wondering if any of the DNTrade members have developed any of the above type of domains into something that generates traffic and money.

If so could you share some tips/pointers that could help a new starter like myself?

Any piece of information grand or small will help so please type and send a reply.

Thank you in advance.

Blue Wren

Shane

Top Contributor
I can't comment on geo+realestate domains, but I can comment on pure geos.

I have quite a few which are profitable, and my simple approach is to use the keyword tool to find out what people are searching for in relation to the town or suburb name, then write about those subjects.

There doesn't seem to be much SEO work happening in this space, so it's pretty easy to rank for a lot of phrases that still get decent traffic.

In terms of monetisaton I've mainly just used adwords, but I've also picked up the odd private advertiser who has approached me directly.

Tourist town geos can be quite profitable with lots of monetisation options such as accommodation and car hire, but I haven't gone down this path as none of my geos are tourist destinations.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
I can't comment on geo+realestate domains, but I can comment on pure geos.

I have quite a few which are profitable, and my simple approach is to use the keyword tool to find out what people are searching for in relation to the town or suburb name, then write about those subjects.

There doesn't seem to be much SEO work happening in this space, so it's pretty easy to rank for a lot of phrases that still get decent traffic.

In terms of monetisaton I've mainly just used adwords, but I've also picked up the odd private advertiser who has approached me directly.

Tourist town geos can be quite profitable with lots of monetisation options such as accommodation and car hire, but I haven't gone down this path as none of my geos are tourist destinations.

Hi Shane

That is a BIG BIG help... thank you kindly.

Just those little tips are a start for me so thank you.

Will get cracking and I may even ask you some more questions on your Geo Names if I may?

Thank you
Blue Wren

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
If there are any members who have developed a Geo + RealEstate.com.au then please contact me, (in PM if you would like to remain anonymous).

I'm hoping you could give me some guidance; I have some questions. :)

Thank you

findtim

Top Contributor
i saw today "sell my castle dot com au", its a newbie.

i think its business model is back by extensive traditional media and email campaigns which was suggested at the seminars today in melbourne.

maybe that might give you some ideas but i haven't done anything with realestate directly

tim

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
i saw today "sell my castle dot com au", its a newbie.

i think its business model is back by extensive traditional media and email campaigns which was suggested at the seminars today in melbourne.

maybe that might give you some ideas but i haven't done anything with realestate directly

tim

Thanks Tim

That is a great example and one that I needed to see. Awesome stuff.

I'm restricting myself from asking you too many questions as I don't want to be the annoying apprentice (so-to-speak).

Thank you
Ian
Blue Wren

Last edited:

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Got an email today that Templatic have just updated their "Real Estate" theme:

http://templatic.com/app-themes/real-estate-wordpress-theme-templatic/

And they released this one a couple of weeks ago:

http://templatic.com/news/conquer-the-real-estate-market-with-realtr-wordpress-theme/

I've never used either as yet, so I can't give you any personal feedback. But worth a look at least.

P.S. Both these links are non-affiliate. :)

Thank you Admin I'll check those out. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member