What's new

Question

neddy

Top Contributor
Just thought I'd put this out there to get some opinions. There are no right or wrong answers!

If you are wanting to sell a more valuable domain (say minimum value $5K), what is your preferred method of sale?

1. Market it privately (either yourself or via an agent or broker). This means not advertising the name anywhere public - just have the name put in front of potential buyers quietly.

2. Market it publicly - splash the name everywhere you can.

3. Other

sydneyduo

Hey Ned

I'd work out who would get the best bang for the buck if they had that domain name.

Then either research for those prospects and market to them directly.

Or else find out who would have the best access to these prospects and go thru them (ie 1.) and pay them a comm.

My 2 cents ;)

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm doing it right now, i do A LOT of research for the right enduser and approach them directly, i give them 14 days to decide but let them know after that i will be contacting the next business in that market sector.

14 days: i picked that as i didn't want them to feel bullied but also felt if they couldn't decide in 14 days then they never will.

its MUCH better in any sales senario to have a yes or no, a "maybe" is actually a no.

if the sale doesn't go through then i'm willing to keep the domain and put ads on it as i know the market will grow and their will be a new player one day.

tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
i'm doing it right now, i do A LOT of research for the right enduser and approach them directly, i give them 14 days to decide but let them know after that i will be contacting the next business in that market sector.
Let us know how this strategy goes. It sounds very interesting.

findtim

Top Contributor
Let us know how this strategy goes. It sounds very interesting.

yep no worries, its an ongoing one as its not just 1 domain its a series and anyone can guess what it is i think. i have already succesfully done 2 and both parties have actually contacted me again just recently to do more business with me.

not to boast but both the phone calls went like " tim, we have more money to spend how can we spend it? "

So i am working on thier new ventures right now, dare i say all on over the phone "handshake" agreements, not a piece of paper between us and its all cool, the way i like it.

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
I think this was raised already in a another topic

It was sort of discussed previously, but got mixed in with other stuff.

This is a specific targeted question - feel free to give your opinion again if you want to. ;)

smee

Top Contributor
Public, unless the buyer wants it non public, which would be impossible if you had already listed it public!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member