What's new

queenscliff.com.au - city guide

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Looks very nice!

I actually really wanted this domain. But completely left my mind when the drop time came.

You should add something about the Queens Cliff Music Festival in my opinion.

I think thats one of the big reasons the name had a fairly high search volume.

Last edited:

hazza5150

Hey Ben,

Actually hotel searches makes most of the search volume and I go have a link to the Music Festival already. Thanks for the comments.

David

geodomains

Top Contributor
Looks good David, you can get better return for your email enquiries through Stayz at http://checkmystats.com.au/cgi-bin/join.pl?id=12433

I use them and have shamelessly put up my referal to join above, currently paying $2.30 per email enquiry on Stayz, highest commission as far as I know

You can also do deep linking, at the moment your banners are just going to home page, where I have mine going to geographical area, less chance of the lead not leaving the landing page.

Cheers
Don

hazza5150

Hey Don,

Great feedback mate appreciate it! I will review the affiliate model soon as only getting $1.50 per lead with Viva9 at present. Also have Hotelscombined in there as well!

Cheers,

David

Hi David

Love the web 2.0 look, I would identify the site as being 'more Queenscliff' as it seemed to get a bit lost. Also I would have a feature on the Fort / Army base (I should have some high res pics I took when I was there, drop me an email to remind me to email you some) as it has some great historical significance, also mention the small museum they have near the visitor centre.

Just my 5 cents

Cheers
Erhan :)

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I like the theme too. There are a few fishing charters running out of Queenscliff.. probably worth a mention.

I'd also be inclined to add Point Lonsdale accommodation, as it's basically the same thing.

LemonChip

Hey mate, I'll give my feedback from a design perspective... Overall I like the website, however there's something which is just taking away that professional and polished feeling that you need with these kind of sites...

You've got all the elements visually that I'd expect to see here, however there's something not quite working right in the top half of the page.

You've got the little logo / citiguide top left which is cool, but then on the right there's some kind of banner ad which kindof looks out of place. I would have expected the whole area above the blue panel to be devote to the brand and delivering some kind of warm and fuzzy message. Then there's a bit of a random white space gap under the city guide logo. It just doesn't all sit nicely together.

Then there's the MAP, which because of it's size and placement was the very first thing I focussed on when I came to the site. It just doesn't feel right there... I wasn't even 100% certain on what the site was for and I'm already being presented with a map, and I don't know what it relates to...

I think that top part is where it needs to be obvious what the site is about, maybe have some nice photos / postcard type pics to really romanticise Queenscliff, and then give them the info with all the maps down below.

My only other comment is that the footer is a bit of a strange shape with some blank areas that look a bit odd, but otherwise I think it looks pretty nice! Hope this is helpful for you mate.

hazza5150

Hey everyone,

I really appreciate the comments & suggestions from all of you and will get to work on making some changes (tweaks) based on feedback.

Cheers,

David

DavidL

Top Contributor
Looks good David, you can get better return for your email enquiries through Stayz at http://checkmystats.com.au/cgi-bin/join.pl?id=12433

I use them and have shamelessly put up my referal to join above, currently paying $2.30 per email enquiry on Stayz, highest commission as far as I know

Signed up using your affiliate link.

BTW Queenscliff is a small but very exclusive suburb in Sydney too. Got a well known surf break as well...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member