What's new

Quality SEO test?

Alex

Top Contributor
Hi everyone...

So been learning heaps about seo...

Also been checking out contractors. There was one in particular that I thought was impressive, but am not so sure anymore?

Basically he sent me a google doc (dated 01-05-20012) with a bunch of statistics for an Australian website ipllasermachines(dot)com(dot)au he previously did some work for.

i.e. <--- There are about 75 of these for various terms being ranked for.

IPL machine for sale / google(dot)com(dot)au Position #2 / Page 1st page / 3,770,000 listings

1st) Thing I did was a Google search on "IPL machine for sale" that now shows the site on page 5 of google. He indicated the customer discontinued the seo.

2nd) Used backlinkwatch(dot)com to check the quality of back links for ipllasermachines(dot)com(dot)au ... And this is where things got interesting.

3rd) Asked a few questions about the quality / relevance of the links, but was not satisfied with the answers.

Wondering if any amazingly cool DNTrade member would search ipllasermachines(dot)com(dot)au in backlinkwatch(dot)com and tell me if it's spammy ?

Sorry I know it's a big ask. ---> I just have nothing to compare it to as I have never done this before. :confused:

Kind Regards,
Alex

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
backlinkwatch.com isn't that great of a tool to use.. use something like ahrefs.com to have a look at the backlink profile.

I just had a quick look - and it does look spammy.

Alex

Top Contributor
Thank you the seoconsultant ... Was thinking so. Guess I am just trying to find the middle ground of what is spam / quality. Also while taking into consideration the direction google is moving. Kind Regards, Alex

James

Top Contributor
Majestic SEO is probably the best tool on the market currently to check a back link profile, In my experience it out performs SEOmoz, but its not cheaps its like 100 pound a month. their are a few other tools above this but in the enterprise space too.

In regards to the site yeah it does have many spammy links from sites like http://customseopackages.com/

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member