What's new

Quality Exact Match Domains still work!

aus11

Top Contributor
Nice overview James! They EMDs definitely still carry some weight.

*Side note* Can I ask what program the screenshots are of?

James

Top Contributor
Nice overview James! They EMDs definitely still carry some weight.

*Side note* Can I ask what program the screenshots are of?

I just thought I would do some quick research into this area, as people have said comments like "Oh buying a EDM will get me totally penalized", I have seen it on a few forums and social sites, so if you push quality onto the EDM it still works well.

Alex

Top Contributor
Hi James, Any thoughts / suggestions for people just starting up quality sites on quality Exact Match Domain?

James

Top Contributor
Hi James, Any thoughts / suggestions for people just starting up quality sites on quality Exact Match Domain?

- Create good content on the domain, content which is relevant and users will share.
- Syndicate your link building efforts on higher quality sites, I mean look at competitors and see what are their highest quality links and reverse engineer it to get them for your own site.
- Don't go overboard with optimization keep the titles readable and 2 keywords.
- Try and get an EDM which has been indxed for a few years (if possible)

Their are soo many more points these are some quick ones

If you liked the post please vote it up on inbound too:

http://inbound.org/incoming/

Alex

Top Contributor
Thank you for the info. Just voted the post up...

Already working towards all suggestions. Sadly the EMD I am working with was just indexed after the Google EMD Algorithm Change. Gonna keep working just hope getting the site up in the serps will not be too difficult.

Kind Regards

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Have put together some brief research on Exact Match Domain's after reading several negative comments around them, people totally wiping them out I think it is good to push a positive message around Exact Match Domains:

http://jamesnorquay.com/reasons-quality-exact-match-domains-still-working-seo/

Nice write-up there James, and I completely agree with what you have said.

I work full-time on multiple EMDs, some in the AU space some that are international. I must say, the internaltional EMDs took a little bit of a dive upon the update being rolled out but climbed the ranks again after a few days of revising a few things.

However the AU EMDs have remained untouched - if anything, I would their SERPs have increased. Weird isn't it?!

Lucas

Top Contributor
I really think Google was being a little bit sly with the timing of the release of the EMD update. There was a Panda update a few days before which I think was the real reason for most of the drops in serps and resulting traffic, those results took a few days to filter through.

I think Google timed it this way to confuse people about what actually caused the drops.

I have some EMD domains that were hit hard and some that were not touched. At exactly the same time some of my non EMD domains also got hit...

So, I agree, I think the EMD 'penalty' has been way over stated. But unfortunately it only takes a few news articles and now many people think EMDs are not just not good but potentially bad!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member