What's new

Purchasing an ABN expired domain

findtim

Top Contributor
Firstly.......... don't do it ! but the reason for this post is a reminder that once and ABN expires that is attached to a domain name its a real painnnnnnn , especially if you buy it and THEN try to do a COR.

thankfully i didn't get caught out but its a rule that needs reminding, alwasy check the abn attached to the domain before handing over the cash , search " ABN lookup" after you do the whois.

Whilst an auda director i bought this to the attention of the board as i feel there are 1000's of domains i this boat, not just ones for sale but also ones IN USE, who can forget the jim stewart debarkle !

my suggestion to auda was that the prp should look into this and there be some form of amnesty at some point where auda could inform domain owners to check this, many registrars send emails to verify but if the abn has expired its not an easy process to solve and gets harder the longer it has been expired.

worth putting on your checklist
tim

Mdomains

Wow. What a minefield this can be. Thanks for the article as it's better to be aware BEFORE a sale.

findtim

Top Contributor
if you do find yourself in this position talk to your domain COR company before panicking as i suspect this aspect will change over time.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members