What's new

Purchase Request

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I had another idea for NetFleet this morning and I'm interested to hear what others think.

I'd say at least 60%+ of the offers on my domains come via email or phone calls from parked pages and when the domain is worth $X,XXX+ buyers on occasion they want to use some sort of escrow service.

Now NetFleet has all the functions to operate as a Escrow service for domains, but your system is presently setup to only be a domain broker where you find the buyer and then charge 8% commission.

It would be cool if domain owners who have their domains hosted with NetFleet and who market their domains to end users or regularly get offers outside of the NetFleet platform could send invoices (or offers) to individuals they do deals that don't come via NetFleet so that they could still do the transaction through NetFleet at a price similar to escrow service fees, ie something closer to 2% or 3% rather than 8%.

That way you can make a few extra bucks a month from both the escrow fees, COR and renewals.

And there is also the potential that a few of the deals that are presently done behind closed doors would become public.

;)

I think this is particularly important for bigger ticket domain sales (ie over $3000+) as I imagine there are a number of savvy buyers who are looking to save money and also acquire the domain without attracting attention (ie don't want their offers to be made public on NetFleet).

Also seller like myself at 8% commission typically opt to just send an invoice and accept the direct deposit payment before doing a COR rather than promoting my NetFleet listing, but if this was only 2 or 3% I'd just do it through NetFleet to save myself the hassle and I'm sure buyers would appreciate the added security of knowing the seller didn't receive any money until the domain was transferred into their name.

I just thought it was a good way to get a few more deals being complete through NetFleet even if the negotiations take place via phone or email.

Thoughts?

FleurF

Archived Member
Hi Chris,

Another great thought and I will discuss with the guys and come back to you.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member