What's new

Proud to be a Queenslander!

neddy

Top Contributor
What an absolute hiding tonight!

QLD 52 - NSW 6

"Old blokes" have still got what it takes to get the job done. :)

findtim

Top Contributor
MAN am i PEEV V V VED, helena went out for a girls night so i had the kids, dinner, etc and work to do, i TOTALLYYYYYY forgot about the game and i go for QLD !!!!
i went and got helena a cherry ripe, maltesers, popcorn for her movie night out to see "magic mike XXL" with the girls, so my focus was on her, only to end up putting the kids to bed and helena comes home lateeee from having coffee and a chattttt and says to me " how was the game" ?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, i forgot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and then i find out it was a slaughter !
i'm feeling better now as if it was 22-23 i'd be more peeved as a close game is far better then a slaughter.

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
a close game is far better then a slaughter.

Generally I would agree with you, but this "slaughter" was something to behold. Particularly after all the crap in the media from NSW leading up to the game.

On a separate subject, the V8's are on in Townsville this weekend. I'm not an "enthusiast" - though I know there are a few on here. My wife has a good gig - she's on duty as a paramedic, and set up close to "pit lane".

James

Top Contributor
Last night was a woeful performance by NSW, and for the refs well I think this spells it out:

neddy

Top Contributor
Last night was a woeful performance by NSW

Agreed.

And a stunning performance by QLD - your coach and captain didn't blame the refs for the ultimate result.

As one journalist quipped: "You didn't have to flick over to GEM to see a cricket score". ;)

Last edited:

Shane

Top Contributor
A brilliant display. It was one of those nights where Qld could virtually do no wrong,

Tight tussles are good, but seeing an absolute masterclass is pretty good too - provided you're from Qld... :D

James

Top Contributor
Agreed.

And a stunning performance by QLD - your coach and captain didn't blame the refs for the ultimate result.

As one journalist quipped: "You didn't have to flick over to GEM to see a cricket score". ;)

Mitchel Pearce shouldn't be in the team he did nothing all game and was very poor in defense and targeted heavily. Also NSW threw away so many penalties at the start of the game which gifted QLD with possession.

NSW need to re group and form a stronger team for next year, also need to cut out the hype about players such as Farrah and Klemmer...

findtim

Top Contributor
WHENS THE REPLAY !!!!!! , i'm really p1ssed off !
spacey: my first game of rugby league was in wollongong so i should be a NSW, but i spent most my life in QLD, so i am a QLD
now i'm in VIC :( coldddddddddddddddddddddd
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
YIPPPEEEE. some one uploaded the whole game to youtube, so i got to watch it.

well..............it wasn't to bad a game up till half time, NSW could have come back, we have all seen QLD come back from that half time score, but NSW just gave up !
the "semi-fights/biffs" were interesting.
but really qld just played a better game, and i would say the same if it was the opposite, qld just had better "team work".
and then it just snow balls over the opposition, the attitude, the composure, the profile.
hmmmmmmmmm, no to different from who YOU ARE when selling your services, i made a sale today on a dev for a new client, i think the most used word i said was " no " " no " " no"

qld said NO......we are not going to lose this match, the HUNGER for the ball was fantastic, the pressure on the PUSH was great, the control by qld when NSW tried to BIFF was great.

that game was IMO a great example of doing business.

"pick your marks and execute"

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
that game was IMO a great example of doing business.
Agreed Tim.

MOMENTUM

When you have it, keep going. Successful people / sportsmen and sportswomen talk about "being in the zone". Doesn't last for ever though! It will fade; and then it will come again. One just has to be ready!

findtim

Top Contributor
one saying i use is " fortune favours the prepared mind " . i just like it, its always served me well.
there is a scene in the movie " matrix" , the "girl in the red dress" , its only 1 minute but its worth pondering the result of that simple thing taken you out of " the zone"
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member