What's new

product shots

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, if you are doing small items for a website then i highly reccomend this
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retai...essories/Camera-Lighting-Accessories/TAOSLKIT

i got one the other day and its a real winner, i suggest you need to have a camera that allows you to adjust the exposure by over exposing the standard settings.

i did some tests and i am very happy, it then folds up into a neat VERY well designed briefcase about 40cm x 40cm x 15cm deep

the "studio" is @ 40 x 40 x 40cm

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Cheers this look pretty good, have been looking for something along the lines of this. Can you do white backgrounds with it?

findtim

Top Contributor
Cheers this look pretty good, have been looking for something along the lines of this. Can you do white backgrounds with it?

it has a cloth which is blue on 1 side ( for deep etching) and mid-grey on the other.

you could simply put in a white piece of card curve no trouble what so ever.

another trick you can do is get "graduated" card, from white to grey, this looks good as well.

tim

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Kit looks like good value. Professional shots certainly improve conversion rates dramatically for eCommerce sales.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Kit looks like good value. Professional shots certainly improve conversion rates dramatically for eCommerce sales.

Have you seen data on this? I did spend maybe $500 on some professional photography, the page looks a lot better but I noticed no change in conversion rate. The "before" pictures were very much on the shoddy side.

findtim

Top Contributor
Have you seen data on this? I did spend maybe $500 on some professional photography, the page looks a lot better but I noticed no change in conversion rate. The "before" pictures were very much on the shoddy side.

i think there was a post about IF you are " cheapcheapwidgets.com.au " then that's what your site should look like, i agree with that, but if you are jewellery, sunglasses, ma&pa jam then i think a good photo helps

conversion rates are more then just an image, title, on page descripton etccc but the POINT is a good image will not HURT the conversion rate.

so maybe there where other issues on that site you had problems with?

tim

zhenjie

Top Contributor

Yeah on two eCommerce sites I joint run we saw an uplift in conversions. Biggest increase was via eBay, users really liked the better pictures there. Back then you could test with two similar listings at the same time.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Next year I'm going to play around with Product videos, soon as I setup or have access to another studio. Personally I love product videos and overseas sites do them so well (Asos, Zappos, etc).

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, just did this quickly for a client today so this is NOT a plug for my site and please don't critique the site as i know its crap, but here is a link to the tutorial on photographing products and how i did it today.

HTML:
http://www.optometristwebsites.com.au/photo-studio-101/

i hope it is of interest
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.