What's new

Privacy statement

Honan

Top Contributor
Hi
Can you help me?
I believe Google needs a privacy statement on each web site that I develop

Can the privacy statement be on a different web site, and then be linked from other web sites that I own ? Or does each web site have to have its own unique privacy statement web page?
I mean can I just create a web page for the privacy statement on site "A" and then link to it from numerous other sites?

Or can I just link to Googles own privacy statement?

Can you give me examples of a good privacy statement?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
whats the privacy statement got to do with Google?

Privacy statements are a good idea to give the user some confidence in the product/service and so that you can disclose what you are/plan to do with the users information.

Although not mandatory, each site/business should potentially have it's own as they would be using the information in different ways.

If you want examples go and look at high profile websites where they have paid legal teams big money to write them (facebook, amazon, youtube etc..)

davids

Top Contributor
You don't need a privacy statement on your website, but from what I understand Google rewards you in terms of rankings if your site has it's own Privacy Policy.

Besides Google, it's always a nice idea to let your site's users know what sort of information you collect and use from them.

djuqa

Top Contributor
You NEED a privacy policy if you want to run Adsense.

Check this out:

http://www.serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/
I use that site for all my minisites and it is excellent

Google has required a privacy policy now for some time (Almost 2 years).
Extract from google adsense terms and conditions
We've also added some specific requirements that make it necessary for publishers to post and abide by a transparent privacy policy that users see. According to this policy, publishers must notify their users of the use of cookies and/or web beacons to collect data in the ad serving process. This change relates to advertisers' use of innovative products and features like Gadget Ads and other offerings in the future.
Posted on Feb 25th 2008
Non-usage is grounds for cancellation of account.
Maybe it is a good time for you all to revisit and read the current Terms and conditions of adsense usage.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members