What's new

Price comparison app

neddy

Top Contributor
Price-comparison app set to put traditional retailers in a flap

Discount department store chain Big W went a step further and launched a mobile app in November, with a key feature to scan a product in any competitor's store
and get the comparable price at Big W. In the next few weeks it plans to expand the price comparison to more than 60,000 products and offer detailed product
information on more than 20,000 items.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/p...s-in-a-flap-20120518-1yw7e.html#ixzz1vGeue0WR

Seems like Big W is confident that they have the cheapest pricing around... definately something to try out at the shops next time! :D

Their competitors could use the app to "research" the Big W price and price their own products lower. I think it only becomes a big advantage if Big W prices are so low their competitors can't sell it for any lower...

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Fantastic idea on Big W's part if you ask me! Of course as CV said, they'll have to ensure they really are cheapest or it could backfire easily!

findtim

Top Contributor
i just told helena and she said " YES, but is it instock" ? eg: if she is in target that is about 500 meters from bigW in our shoping centre ( fountaingate)

YEP, kath & Kim country !

tim

Last edited:

johno69

Top Contributor
Some supermarkets seems to have reception blockers. Won't be of much use there.

But I like the idea a lot. Will be downloading it for sure.

findtim

Top Contributor
Some supermarkets seems to have reception blockers. Won't be of much use there.

But I like the idea a lot. Will be downloading it for sure.

reception blockers ! never thought of that, ok .... at the checkout fine, but i'm constantly on the phone to my wife whilst shopping " did you say the 750gram cheese of the 500gram? the avocado's are $4, do you still want them? ,"

if my supermarkets i shop in stopped this i'd really make a complaint.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member