What's new

Please Explain Whats Happening On DomainWatch

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,
I recently purchased a domain on DW and was happy to get the domain, but noticed that the domain was registered through another registrar not owned by DW, but by netregistry.
I did not twig at first, but then I relised that DW must now be using Snap or done a deal with Netregistry.
Maybe David or Mark can confirm this as nothing has been said on Netfleet, is this a new alliance with DW from Netfleet? :p

Don

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Don

Occasionally we attempt to catch some domain names on behalf of DW clients if not already backordered through domain snapper. It is not a new alliance, its a fairly casual agreement whilst we are testing, until we are ready to go live ourselves.

Glad you're happy with the catch - it is a nice domain :)

If a domain is backordered with domain snapper, as was forex.com.au, we go for it as hard as we can for our Netfleet client. As Ned mentioned, if we were successful yesterday, we would have gone to town on the PR - it would have been an amazing scoop!

Cheers
Mark

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the heads up on whats happening, when's the testing going to finish ?
Rumor has it, that we may have another auction site soon from Netfleet, or is this just a rumor.
Prefer an auction site similar to what the others are offering, no result no fee.

What's your thoughts on this?

Don

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Don

We're looking to open up an drop auction platform <2 weeks. Whilst we tweak our ability to actually catch domains every day, our main development activity now is the platform itself. We will operate a no win, no fee policy. We will also run the domain snapper backorders in parallel with the auctions - so if you have backordered a domain, it would not appear in the daily list.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Mark

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Mark,
Look forward to seeing it, certainly lot's happening in the auction market at the moment, with 100domains going live soon all this in just over a year, sale yesterday for $30000 for forex.com.au makes it a lucrative business if the drop service gets the big ones. I think I'm in the wrong business. :D

Don

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member