What's new

Pet Peeve About NF Sales Graphs

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Feel free to ignore this post as just being nit picky, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

On the NetFleet domain sales graphs page:

http://www.netfleet.com.au/domain-sales-graphs

The second graph is charted against the All Ords.

From my perspective that is like comparing apples with oranges.

The All Ords is a price index (ie it's the same shares being sold every day so this gives an accurate reflection of what share prices are doing) where as NetFleet's sales volume/revenue is determined each month by a random selection of domains based on what's expiring and what domains people are putting up for auction and this doesn't reflect price movements in domain values rather it reflects how the netfleet sales platforms are going.

A more accurate comparison to the All Ords would be the "Domain Resale Increase/Decrease %" which is more of a price index, but I don't think you should use this either because the volume of domains that get resold each month is too small.

Also I noticed that you split the sales volumes of AMA/Catalogue and Snapper, and I don't know about others, but I'd be very interested in also the sales revenues of the different mediums being split so it's easier to compare apples with apples again.

:p

Mark

Top Contributor
It's just a bit of fun to be honest Chris, and not to be taken too literally :)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
It's just a bit of fun to be honest Chris, and not to be taken too literally
Oh I thought it was meant to be more of a marketing thing to try and show potential domain investors the performance of domains relative to shares.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member