What's new

Personal Domain Sales Platforms

Scott7

Top Contributor
I'd be interested to hear from members who have a website from which they promote and sell their own domain names. Has it produced increased traffic, offers or sales, and what has been the downside, if any? Thanks.

chris

Top Contributor
I'd be interested to hear from members who have a website from which they promote and sell their own domain names. Has it produced increased traffic, offers or sales, and what has been the downside, if any? Thanks.

I've seen a few and most shopping carts that handle digital products will work. I think one of the benefits in using an established platform is that your listing can be pulled into their promotions or home page and parking etc.. That said, using your own platform gives you full control and flexibility. I know a few members have their own sites listing their names, but most would be using existing platforms.

Here's one I came across a while ago using WordPress and a WooCommerce extension:

https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/woocommerce-extension-for-domain-selling.10569/

I have heard mixed results, there are a couple of people I know of who use their own sites to promote their .au domains and they have done well, but Im not aware of many other people doing this effectively. The biggest issue is a lack of end user eye balls, how do you drive end user traffic to your own site without running an Adwords or effective content strategy which can carry significant costs.

Guidex

Top Contributor
I bought Folio Trader and it's a great script. I get offers through their offer option all the time. But it has click to pay either Paypal/Stripe which works perfectly.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Its a lot of work, but can be rewarding in the long run. Nice site. Followed your Twitter page.

IMHO - refine the message to the domain. Centralise a "theme" that reflects the domain name as a brand.
example; "discover a domain that fits your business" could be "Buy a dress for the big date" have price tages on coat hangers and doors over each domain so when your mouse hovers over it the doors open to reveal the domain name; you have a cool domain name that can be really expandable in terms of theme.

Scott7

Top Contributor
IMHO - refine the message to the domain. Centralise a "theme" that reflects the domain name as a brand.
example; "discover a domain that fits your business" could be "Buy a dress for the big date" have price tages on coat hangers and doors over each domain so when your mouse hovers over it the doors open to reveal the domain name; you have a cool domain name that can be really expandable in terms of theme.

Hey Scott, thanks for the feedback.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
not a bad portfolio of names, O Look at that, I see a killer domain listed. :D I'm sure others see it also.

Christopher

Top Contributor
If you want we can do a live feedback at the Meetup. And discuss other monetisation methods, etc. To help improve your odds. The biggest thing that I think you will need is traffic. If you know how to get a flood of good quality targeted traffic, then you'll be on a winner. If your keen.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo