What's new

Paypal chargebacks

Snooks

Top Contributor
I think that a lot of the charge back issues arise in certain niches. I know that i have had 3 chargebacks in 6 years on my darts site, thats from roughly 20K transactions including ebay.

I think electrical sellers and stuff like that would suffer far more problems.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think that a lot of the charge back issues arise in certain niches. I know that i have had 3 chargebacks in 6 years on my darts site, thats from roughly 20K transactions including ebay.

Agree, especially intangible items and even more so anything more on the doubtful side (think clickbank style products). High levels of chargebacks flow from what is being sold.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Not much you can do about a cc charge back however Virtual purchases actually favor the seller.

If you get a charge back for hosting,domain name, Traffic, etc simply fight the charge back and claim virtual product always works for me then again my pp account is a decade old.

I agree with the guys, some goods and services have higher charge backs than others, but Paypal, from my experience, doesn't properly investigate chargebacks (they almost always side with the Buyer). My brother sold something on Ebay, the guy received the goods and then did a charge back. Despite sending paypal the delivery receipt from Australia Post they did nothing, and were rude to him. The only thing to do now is sue the buyer...

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I agree with the guys, some goods and services have higher charge backs than others, but Paypal, from my experience, doesn't properly investigate chargebacks (they almost always side with the Buyer). My brother sold something on Ebay, the guy received the goods and then did a charge back. Despite sending paypal the delivery receipt from Australia Post they did nothing, and were rude to him. The only thing to do now is sue the buyer...

That's why I dislike Paypal so much, not only they are a pain, but their employees are rude and careless too.

neddy

Top Contributor
Paypal, from my experience, doesn't properly investigate chargebacks (they almost always side with the Buyer). My brother sold something on Ebay, the guy received the goods and then did a charge back. Despite sending paypal the delivery receipt from Australia Post they did nothing, and were rude to him.

Same thing happened to me Erhan. Try and complain and you invariably get through to someone in the Philippines who reads from a canned script.

And the time that you waste.

I don't use PayPal for domain sales unless I know the person (or they are recommended by someone else). The fear is you transfer the domain and
they have 45 days to do a chargeback if the domain doesn't work for them, or if they have buyer's remorse.

Same thing happened to me Erhan. Try and complain and you invariably get through to someone in the Philippines who reads from a canned script.

And the time that you waste.

I don't use PayPal for domain sales unless I know the person (or they are recommended by someone else). The fear is you transfer the domain and
they have 45 days to do a chargeback if the domain doesn't work for them, or if they have buyer's remorse.

Yes absolutely Robots reading from a script. I would never recommend anyone using Paypal for domain sales, nothing like cold hard cash (or EFT)!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo