1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Paperless COR + account change

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by Shane, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Then I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one, because I stand by my post, even at 12:05PM in the afternoon.

Constructive feedback is not telling us how to do our job, or telling us that somebody else is better so they'll "just use them instead".

Constructive feedback, in my opinion, is approaching us directly, not on a third party forum, and telling us exactly what they think is wrong, and if needed, how another company does it better in their opinion.

None of this was posted in an eTicket to Customer Care, and none of this was posted on our Community Forums, it was done with ye olde Whirlpool mentality that if you shame us in public we'll respond. That's not how I operate, and it's not how you give constructive feedback to ANY company who you wish to do business with.

But as I already said, the issue at hand was already identified as a problem, and I'm glad to see that somebody else agrees with me, I just wish they had approached it a little better.

Regards,

Cheyne Jonstone

P.S. I never made any threats about "hunting down a business", I said that's what you've done to us. I'd never do that to another business unless they really stiffed me.

2. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Really?

And I didn't hunt you down on a random forum anyway. I'm a frequent user (and a sponsor) of DNtrade, and you have your own specific section on here.

How on earth is that classed as hunting you down on a random forum???

Anyway you've already lost my business, so I'd quit the childish behaviour before you lose any more clients.

Admin: Sorry to cause trouble with a sponsor, but I think I've been pretty reasonable in all of this.

3. VentraIP

Really. It's called sarcasm.

This is a massive relief, as I don't want rude customers anyway. And I'm more than happy to have this act as a filter for anybody who wants to do business with us.

4. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Okay. You win.

5. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Cheyne, we do disagree then. What I was referring to was this comment that you made in your opening paragraph:

I thought that was an over the top reaction - and many others would probably see it that way too. Ok, you subsequently have said it was sarcasm, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

And with respect, we aren't some random forum. :p You have a sponsored thread on here so that members can raise issues, ask questions etc. It has always seemed to work rather well I thought. There have been many times when there have been issues arise that I have emailed Michael or yourself to give you a heads up.

Having said that, I am in total agreement with you that all criticism should be constructive wherever possible.

But I also think that this has now escalated or flamed unnecessarily. Shane is one of the good guys, and I believe that you are good guys too. My suggestion would be that we all cool down.

Imho.

6. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

I'll be honest here Cheyne. Shane may have approached the topic without using tasteful words or trying to make it sound nice and whatever, but you know what he's got a point. The COR did not work as he expected and the difference between the retail and wholesale parts of Ventra being explained has in no way helped.

Rereading the OP now I can see how it can be taken as being an angry or annoyed response but because it's text we don't really know. Constructive feedback often takes the form of this: "Your blah blah blah sucks and blah blah is the problem with it that I see." I don't see an issue with that kind of feedback. It's giving you an indication as to the problem and yes it may sound harsh but sometimes, to make a point you've got to cut to the chase.

Also, in regards to replying here, seeing as it's an official VentraIP forum section I would say there's no problem with it. I agree that most every post on WP is the kind of post you're talking about but I don't believe this one was. This post was instead trying to see what other's experienced although it may well have been to vent a little.

Anyway, this has escalated a lot more than necessary and all it needed was to say that yes are COR is not perfect, what do you suggest? Customers are the best feedback tool, when used correctly.

7. VentraIP

That's fine.

We'll just post on our forums and if somebody wants to link it back here then that's fine.

And if Mick wants to answer questions from his personal account he can continue to do so.

All sorted. :)

8. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    To me, it is a real shame that this thread has got so inflamed.

Particularly as I believe for the most part that it was always meant to be constructive.

I've said this before on here, and I'll say it again. Everybody stuffs up from time to time, or says something that could have
    been phrased better. But it's how you handle it thereafter that counts.

I've also always admired Ventra for many reasons. But chief amongst these is that when there has been a problem, they go
    out of their way to fix it. They do care about their customers.

So I'm closing this thread now - and I'm hoping that cool heads will prevail all round. Tomorrow is another day! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.