What's new

PageRank

djuqa

Top Contributor
PR2's mainly
And I wish I had SpinalTap.com.au PR11

BTW
Page rank not as important now as it used to be.
Google is moving more towards Dynamic ranking Calculation

James

Top Contributor
got a few PR5's PR4's PR2 ect..

But really Page Rank is not the best metric to look at any more...Google even advised to not count it too much any more, just take it as a index speed metric, pr transfer also sign of authority but it is easy to game..

Last edited:

BenWalker

Top Contributor
got a few PR5's PR4's PR2 ect..

But really Page Rank is not the best metric to look at any more...Google even advised to not count it too much any more, just take it as a index speed metric, pr transfer also sign of authority but it is easy to game..

Newbie question...Then what about when buying links?
Is there any point paying exorbitant prices for like PR5+ or just about 1000 PR1 for like $10?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Is there any point paying exorbitant prices for like PR5+ or just about 1000 PR1 for like $10?

Its certainly an indicator of some authority still. But when finding links I would look at how the site might have come to that PR. was it from buying links or blackhat, or was it legitmate. Perhaps it got the PR from great content and the site actually has merit. Those are the sites that I like.

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Its certainly an indicator of some authority still. But when finding links I would look at how the site might have come to that PR. was it from buying links or blackhat, or was it legitmate. Perhaps it got the PR from great content and the site actually has merit. Those are the sites that I like.

Thanks heaps! Very useful advice

James

Top Contributor

The thing is if you have 1 x PR6 links for example it can be better value as 1000 low quality spammed PR1 links.

Another trick people use is they will say oh hey I can offer you 1000 PR 1 links, but the thing is all these links are on the same website so in fact you only have 1 root domain link with 1000 links. It is far more important to build links on "root domains on different sever locations"

When you are building links I factor in various elements, I have my own software to determine link value, I used industry software and also Google ranks also on page placement of the link is another important factor you can have a link in the footer yield low value, is the link the first on the page, how many links on the page, is it within the content, is it related, is the link on the same server?

You have 100s of factors.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members