1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Pagerank update finally

Discussion in 'SEO & SEM Discussions' started by bunstar, Dec 9, 2013.

1. bunstar

bunstar Membership: Community

To those that may have not have noticed.. there was a pagerank update the other night!

Big surprise to many.

2. James

James Membership: VIP

Yeah first update in a while. To be honest it does not really mean much at all these days. I noticed sites which are clients who dropped from PR6 > PR 5 have increased in Traffic, yet clients who increased PR from PR4 > PR 5 have actually had a slight drop in traffic.

I prefer to use other metrics like Ahrefs domain ranks, Domain Authority, Page authority ect ect...

I notice expired domains took a huge hit in this update as well from what I was tracking.

3. bunstar

bunstar Membership: Community

Yes i look at DA/PA more these days as well. Never knew about the Ahrefs domain rank, I will look at that one.

In terms of expired domains, that would mean places like godaddy auctions will take a big hit then if expired domains are lose their PR value.