What's new

Over 225 Domains Up For Sale Tomorrow on the NF AMA

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I couldn't find a good way to copy and paste all the domains that are going up for sale tomorrow, but already 46 of the 225 have bids totalling over $35,000 worth of bids so far!

There are also a tons of domains that have no reserve.

Any guesses as to how many will get bids? or what will get the highest bid?

Might be worth cracking out the popcorn for it tomorrow...

:D

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Agreed! Take them out of the equation with regards to aftermarket sales, and it's a black hole.
Very much so.

With another 6 - 12 months of refining their system and building exposure NetFleet might have finally built a genuine clearinghouse for domains that would be able to consistantly achieve prices far closer to retail prices.

And I suspect that building out an AMA platform will become increasingly important going forward and fewer and fewer quality domains are let to expire.

Anyway back on topic... looks like 49 domains now have bids!

And whilst it's hard to pick which will achieve the highest bid, I think scooters.com.au looks like a good candidate, definitely potential to go for $10,000+.

NetFleet is there a way to get a simple list of just the domains that are up for sale (ie minus stats, bids, prices, etc) for a particular day?

Last edited:

Joel

Top Contributor
And whilst it's hard to pick which will achieve the highest bid, I think scooters.com.au looks like a good candidate, definitely potential to go for $10,000+.

It will be interesting to see how many, if any, of the big names actually sell (eg. v8.com.au, scooters.com.au). My guess is the reserves are quite high on these domains. Will be one to watch :D

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Not long now...

Already 50 domains have bids and over $50,000 worth of bids have been placed!

Shane

Top Contributor
Not long now...

Already 50 domains have bids and over $50,000 worth of bids have been placed!

The problem is that none of the top 34 have reached their reserve. There seems to be a massive disconnect between the vendor's expectations and what people are actually prepared to spend.

There will always be some domains that don't reach their reserve, but all 34 of the top domains? It just doesn't seem right...

Hopefully these final ten minutes will see a couple of reserves met on the big domains.

dave

I'm looking at one in particular that hasn't met reserve and am starting to think that the vendors expectations are going to be much higher than mine.

Shane

Top Contributor
I know it's not Netfleet's fault, but that was soooo lame. What an anticlimax.

I bid $x,xxx on a few domains, but with clearly ridiculous reserves I shouldn't have bothered.

Are people seriously trying to sell their names, or are they just misusing the AMA system as a valuation tool?

dave

I know it's not Netfleet's fault, but that was soooo lame. What an anticlimax.

I bid $x,xxx on a few domains, but with clearly ridiculous reserves I shouldn't have bothered.

Are people seriously trying to sell their names, or are they just misusing the AMA system as a valuation tool?

I couldn't agree more! Very disappointing :(

Attractive

Had 15 domains in today's auction. I thought our reserves were fair:

Domain Reserve
MoneyConverter .com.au 1850
Drawings .com.au 700
Shy .com.au 850
CarRacing .com.au 1350
Plates .com.au 750
Quizzes .com.au 700
Cages .com.au 1700
Brunettes .com.au 200
DressUpGames .com.au 1800
Hoon .com.au 200
Tobacconist .com.au 1150
SurfShop .com.au 5500
FreeAntivirus .com.au 1650
Scooters .com.au 16500
Aborigine .com.au 300

acheeva

Top Contributor
Given a 4% listing fee the NF auctions would be an expensive way to gauge market value

The reserves must have been quite high

I bid at well over my valuation on one domain

It is early days@!

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So after being excited to watch the end of the auction, I was actually pulled out of the office 25 minutes before the end and I didn't get back in till later this arvo.

So what happened? Everything passed in?

What sort of bids did the domains get?

NF do you have a history of AMA results? This would be a really valuable bit of information for domainers and the public. I reckon it'd also help get you some inbound links as well.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member