What's new

.ORG, will increase prices by 7%.

James

Top Contributor
Not a huge piece of news but worth wile posting, just received this in an email:

On July 1, 2012, Public Interest Registry, the registry for .ORG, will increase prices by 7%.

Avoid this price increase.* Renew your domain names before June 30 and add another year to your current expiration dates.

My thoughts are with the crowded space of TLD's at the moment is it risky to increase prices? but that been said they are probably thinking people have developed sites who will take the extra costs on?

findtim

Top Contributor
am i right in saying that if any registry authority increases a price then thats JUST that? if they increase the "raw" cost of a dot com dot au then i'm not going to say noway for an established domain i have, i'll just have to pay the new price sadly

tim

payattention

Archived Member
Doesn't Verisign increase the prices every year? Registrars then use that as a marketing opportunity to encourage you to register your domains prior to the price increase yet for some reason they always cost around $10 (coupons).

I never really pay attention to the price increases given it's a small amount. Reminds me of the health insurance premium increases that occur each year. HI get attacked for the price increase yet it's a government requirement that they raise prices (that's my Verisign and registrar analogy).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member