What's new

.org.au regulations

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, FYI, received this today, no big deal for me but it might interest others.
tim
------------------------
Hello Tim,
We are contacting you with regards to your ********.org.au domain name and require your prompt action or response in order to continue active service of the domain.
As you know, the ORG.AU domain is intended for non-profit purposes. Recently, auDA (the regulatory body for the .AU domain space) conducted an audit of all ORG.AU domain names registered in the past five years, going back to March 2009.
As a result of this audit, auDA have identified that your domain may have been registered incompletely, or with incorrect ABN information.
The most common areas of confusion for incorrectly registered org.au domains are:
The domain name is registered to a commercial entity
The domain name is registered to an individual person
The domain name is registered to an apparently non-existent entity
The domain name registration details are incomplete or unclear

To clear up any misunderstanding, please take a minute to update any non-compliant information on receipt of this email.
Please note: auDA will be deleting domain names found to be in breach of policy, so make the time now to complete any missing or outdated details.

According to the policies applying to .AU domain names, your org.au domain name must meet one of the following eligibility details:
an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
a political party registered with the Australian Electoral Commission; or
a trade union or other organisation registered under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009; or
a sporting or special interest club operating in Australia; or
a charity operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant's constitution or other documents of incorporation; or
a non-profit organisation operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant's constitution or other documents of incorporation.
You can view the auDA policies here: http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2012-04/

Please be advised we will allow 14 days (April 8, 2015) for you to correct any missing or incomplete information by replying to this email, failure to do so will lead to auDA deleting your domain. In accordance with our terms and conditions of registration, all domain names are non-refundable.

Regards,

L*******
Crazy Domains

findtim

Top Contributor
yes i know, just thought others may not, that is all and after 6 years its the first email i have received to do with this name.
tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I wonder if the dude who regged Drone/s.Org.Au just because it was available will get a tap on the shoulder? (he was happily showing off at that other forum)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member