What's new

opinions "online******.com.au"

findtim

Top Contributor
now I don't really like domains with online in them as of course they are online but that feeling is for names like:

cakesonline as you can't eat the cake, dentistonline same reason etc.

but does anyone think that when its an online business like learning something, doing a study course, access to docs on subjects on demand like lawonline, carmanualsonline DOES this change its value?
I have a hand-reg to look for as its a small startup and found one that my suit but with online as the first word of 2
looking for opinions like ok, suxs, should be fine

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
In the right context, 'online' in a term makes perfect sense. It's still one of the most common prefixes for domain names.

Examples could include: onlinebranding.com.au, onlineuniversity.com.au ...etc (neither of those are mine by the way).

There are occasions when the 'online' part of the term actually adds value, by helping to describe a differentiation in the business model, e.g. an online university versus traditional 'bricks and mortar' universities.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Out of curiosity, I had a quick look to see how many domains I own that include the word 'online' - as it turns out, not very many. I've just got 2 (out of over 700 domains). One seems fairly appropriate for this forum - OnlineRealEstate.com.au ;)

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, we got the name ( i still can't type it here ) but i found 4 that suited, 2 i thought were GREAT and 2 i knew she'd like but hoped she didn't pick............ she picked a 3 word domain ???????, at least i did manage to talk her out of the word "for" "4"
the site is going to be an online course with the ability to be completed by signing in and filling out forms, it also has a payment system and a monthly subscription model with monthly payments, with a dripp feed over 12 months of lessons programmed so you can start the course at any stage of the year.
basically its a government complusory compliance course which must be done and managed by the organisation not the student.
keywords were its totally online , planning, the target market vertical , the course common name.
so i gave her these choices: everyone will know the common name its in every business in australia so no brand awareness needed.
(course common name )planning , your(course common name ), (course common name )atwork, (course common name )in(vertical name) so even though i wanted "planning" she chose the last "in"

oh well i have another client is the same vertical but preparing to do something completely different to her so i'll offer it to him, he is also in QLD and this client is in Vic.
"compliance" would have been PERFECT but it was taken

thanks for your opinions

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads