What's new

Ophelie from Flippa here

OLechat

Hello everyone,

My name is Ophelie and I work in the marketing department at Flippa. I'm guessing most of you have at least a passing knowledge of Flippa :)

I'll be around on the forum to lend a hand when I can. If anyone has questions about Flippa, feel free to let me know!

neddy

Top Contributor
Welcome Ophelie. It's fantastic to have someone from Flippa here. :)

A few of our members have successfully sold sites through Flippa; and I'm sure there are many others who would love to know how to do it in the best possible manner!

Looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers, Ned

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
welcome, i have looked at flippa but find it " a kid in a candy store" so i haven't done anything yet but hope to learn more by your involvement in dnt

tim

aus11

Top Contributor
Hi Ophelie,

Welcome to DNtrade! I actually have an auction running on Flippa at the moment. You have created a great marketplace.

sydneyduo

Welcome Ophelie!

Fantastic to have you hear - have been eyeing a few sites on Flippa already, so will be great to bounce any questions off you too :)

James

Top Contributor
I remember flippa back in the day when it was the site point market place haha, I think most people know it here...

OLechat

Maybe you can start with why Flippa refuse to acknowledge my request to delete billing information.

Hi Jonathan -- this is obviously linked to your individual account, and not something I can handle publicly. If you want to email me at (firstname) at flippa.com, I'll be able to have a look.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
It was me that asked why flippa doesnt join dntrade at the other site mentioning they visited you in person, one thing i always notice is that flippa is often referred to as 'that australian site' to the point i have had a go at the domain gang and even called them racist in the past because of their attitude ...... makes you wonder if the rest of the world think we cannot come up with something good. Or maybe many of the smart guys all go overseas ??

......welcome

payattention

Archived Member
Hi Jonathan -- this is obviously linked to your individual account, and not something I can handle publicly. If you want to email me at (firstname) at flippa.com, I'll be able to have a look.

I've already tried that, I've explained a couple times now that I don't want my billing details saved on a platform that is rife with fraud, something which Flippa turns a blind eye too. One only has to look at the most active to spot them yet Flippa ignore it.

That's why I stopped selling on the platform. High fees, no customer service, ignored requests, scammers galore.

OLechat

Hi spacey -- yes, I followed your link and signed up here. Great to be among Australian domainers, though I do have to admit that I'm a Canadian transplant to Melbourne :)

DomainGang does like to refer to us as "the Australian site"; I don't think he means anything by it, but his readers often make "jokes" about everything in Australia being upside-down and backwards. Oh well, their loss!

OLechat

I'm not quite sure what I can do at this point -- if you don't want to send me your information, I can't look into the case any further, or remove your financial details from the site.

We spend a large amount of resources on fraud detection and prevention, and on educating our users on the best ways to not fall prey to scams. Ultimately, it does lie on users to do complete due diligence and use an Escrow service to exchange money and website ownership.

If there is anything in particular I can do to address your concerns, I'm listening -- you can always reach me at ophelie@flippa.com

Snooks

Top Contributor
I've already tried that, I've explained a couple times now that I don't want my billing details saved on a platform that is rife with fraud, something which Flippa turns a blind eye too. One only has to look at the most active to spot them yet Flippa ignore it.

That's why I stopped selling on the platform. High fees, no customer service, ignored requests, scammers galore.

Gheez.....that made her feel welcome:( Its certainly a discussion that should be held privately and not in here.

By the way.....ive reported suspected fraud on a few occasions and was very impressed at how fast the matter was handled.

Welcome to the forum and great to have you in here:)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo