1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Ophelie from Flippa here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by OLechat, Aug 22, 2012.

1. OLechat

OLechat Membership: Community

Hello everyone,

My name is Ophelie and I work in the marketing department at Flippa. I'm guessing most of you have at least a passing knowledge of Flippa :)

I'll be around on the forum to lend a hand when I can. If anyone has questions about Flippa, feel free to let me know!

2. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Welcome Ophelie. It's fantastic to have someone from Flippa here. :)

A few of our members have successfully sold sites through Flippa; and I'm sure there are many others who would love to know how to do it in the best possible manner!

Looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers, Ned

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Welcome to DN Trade Ophelie :)

Cheers,
    Chris

4. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    welcome, i have looked at flippa but find it " a kid in a candy store" so i haven't done anything yet but hope to learn more by your involvement in dnt

tim

5. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

Hello and Welcome to DNTrade Ophelie. :)

Hope to read some more Flippa talk around here soon.

6. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP

Hi Ophelie,

Welcome to DNtrade! I actually have an auction running on Flippa at the moment. You have created a great marketplace.

7. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    welcome Ophelie! Im sure many members here will be keen to have a contact at Flippa

8. logicstorm

logicstorm Membership: VIP

Welcome to Dntrade!

9. niiiiiiiiiik

niiiiiiiiiik Archived Member

Thanks for joining the DNT Family Ophelie! :)

10. payattention

payattention Archived Member

Welcome.

Maybe you can start with why Flippa refuse to acknowledge my request to delete billing information.

11. sydneyduo

sydneyduo Membership: Community

Welcome Ophelie!

Fantastic to have you hear - have been eyeing a few sites on Flippa already, so will be great to bounce any questions off you too :)

12. James

James Membership: VIP

I remember flippa back in the day when it was the site point market place haha, I think most people know it here...

13. OLechat

Hi Jonathan -- this is obviously linked to your individual account, and not something I can handle publicly. If you want to email me at (firstname) at flippa.com, I'll be able to have a look.

14. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

It was me that asked why flippa doesnt join dntrade at the other site mentioning they visited you in person, one thing i always notice is that flippa is often referred to as 'that australian site' to the point i have had a go at the domain gang and even called them racist in the past because of their attitude ...... makes you wonder if the rest of the world think we cannot come up with something good. Or maybe many of the smart guys all go overseas ??

......welcome

15. payattention

payattention Archived Member

I've already tried that, I've explained a couple times now that I don't want my billing details saved on a platform that is rife with fraud, something which Flippa turns a blind eye too. One only has to look at the most active to spot them yet Flippa ignore it.

That's why I stopped selling on the platform. High fees, no customer service, ignored requests, scammers galore.

16. OLechat

Hi spacey -- yes, I followed your link and signed up here. Great to be among Australian domainers, though I do have to admit that I'm a Canadian transplant to Melbourne :)

DomainGang does like to refer to us as "the Australian site"; I don't think he means anything by it, but his readers often make "jokes" about everything in Australia being upside-down and backwards. Oh well, their loss!

17. OLechat

I'm not quite sure what I can do at this point -- if you don't want to send me your information, I can't look into the case any further, or remove your financial details from the site.

We spend a large amount of resources on fraud detection and prevention, and on educating our users on the best ways to not fall prey to scams. Ultimately, it does lie on users to do complete due diligence and use an Escrow service to exchange money and website ownership.

If there is anything in particular I can do to address your concerns, I'm listening -- you can always reach me at ophelie@flippa.com

18. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Ophelie - welcome to DNT!

19. atom

atom Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Ophelie. Great to have you and Flippa around! :)

20. Snooks

Snooks Membership: Community

Gheez.....that made her feel welcome:( Its certainly a discussion that should be held privately and not in here.

By the way.....ive reported suspected fraud on a few occasions and was very impressed at how fast the matter was handled.

Welcome to the forum and great to have you in here:)