What's new

onlinewebsitedesign(dot)com(dot)au

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
So I was searching through domain names today and thought I'd have a look at web design related domains. So, anyway, I was surprised to find that a keyword rich com.au domain was still available. Online website design gets 1600 local searches and 49500 global searches monthly. It also has a CPC of $5.95. Is it just me or is this an awesome domain to get. I would also have to say that it would have a high resale value and there is plenty of content you could put on it.

Disclaimer: Yes the domain is available so you could register it if you wanted to, I'm just wondering what people think of the domain and what they see as negatives and positives of it

Ash

Top Contributor
Sparky, are you looking at broad or exact matches? I couldn't see that many exacts for this term?

Personally, I don't like the domain... seems redundant and would only get a partial match from most searches imo.

neddy

Top Contributor
So I was searching through domain names today and thought I'd have a look at web design related domains. So, anyway, I was surprised to find that a keyword rich com.au domain was still available. Online website design gets 1600 local searches and 49500 global searches monthly. It also has a CPC of $5.95. Is it just me or is this an awesome domain to get. I would also have to say that it would have a high resale value and there is plenty of content you could put on it.

Disclaimer: Yes the domain is available so you could register it if you wanted to, I'm just wondering what people think of the domain and what they see as negatives and positives of it

Good post Sparky. Lots of people get "caught out" by these stats. I have previously. You're not the first, and you won't be the last. :)

What you actually need to search for is the "EXACT" searches. And with a long tail domain name like this, a "Phrase Search" is also good.

You need to log into the GAKT - Google Adwords Keyword Tool. On the l/h side down the bottom you will see the boxes you can tick / untick.

By default it gives you the "BROAD" search result, which is what you posted above.

If you tick the other boxes, you will get the following:

EXACT: 170 monthly searches

PHRASE: 210 monthly searches

Big difference eh!

Ash

Top Contributor
Also, in addition to what Ned has outlined above don't forget to make sure you have your location set to Australia in advanced options.

neddy

Top Contributor
Also, in addition to what Ned has outlined above don't forget to make sure you have your location set to Australia in advanced options.

Excellent point Just!

Mine is set there by default now, but in the past I used to get quite excited at first ...........and then deflated when I realised I was searching USA. ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member