What's new

Online form that accepts credit card details

Shane

Top Contributor
Does anyone know of an online form management system that allows the collection of credit card details?

Currently I'm using formassembly.com which has been really good, but now I have a form where I want to collect credit card details and they don't allow it. The only one I can find that does allow it is vista-survey.com but they charge $195 per month which seems excessive.

I don't want to process the payments through the website, I just need the card details so I can process them separately.

I know I could get a bespoke form created and hosted from my own website with SSL, but I really like the formassembly.com system because I can make forms that work really well without needing the skills.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ash

Top Contributor
OK, but i'll answer anyway just in case someone else is looking for this info...

I've used jotform and wufoo previously, both of which allow you to receive online payments via their premium paid service.

personally I've only used their free accounts but have considered signing up for jotform's paid service (when I need a few more forms).

Ash.

Ash

Top Contributor
I don't know the specifics but these answers are from the jotform faq:

Is my form submission data safe?

Yes, your data belongs to you. We do not share or sell any user data. We also do not access your data for any non-administrative purposes.

Can I collect payments from my form?

Yes! You can now use JotForm to sell digital goods, sell products, collect payments for your online service, collect subscription payments or receive micropayments for your content.

Do you support Secure Forms?

Yes, you can now have your forms and form submissions transmitted securely with a 256 bit High-grade encryption. You can also log into JotForm site securely and download your submission reports over a secure connection.

Shane

Top Contributor
Thanks for the responses.

I ended up going with formstack.com. Provided that you use all of the security and encryption options they will allow you to collect credit card details. I'm also going through the process of getting an SSL certificate through Comodo to help with any trust issues that clients may have.

I did look at Wufoo and Jotform, but like a lot of other services I don't think they'll let you collect and store credit card information, they'll only allow you to link with payment sites like Paypal and Worldpay etc.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Are you storing the card details yourself? That sounds pretty dodgy. Even if you are using SSL, storing the details in a database or emailing them is dodgy.

I usually use a 3rd party like eWAY to store the card info, reducing my risk

Shane

Top Contributor
I won't be storing the details myself, they will be initially stored with Formstack and will then be deleted once I've processed the payment. The forms all run on 128bit SSL and the stored databases are encrypted. Formstack don't allow the card details to be emailed for obvious reasons.

Based on that, I don't think it's dodgy at all.

Yes it would be great to use a service like eWay or whatever, but I'm not allowed to handle my client's funds; once I have their credit card details I have to enter the payment directly into the insurer's system.

Personally I think using a secure and encrypted form is safer than providing the details via fax, post or email like a lot of my other clients.

Shane

Top Contributor
Yeah they have a pretty good setup by the looks of it.

In hindsight, collecting via formassembly was definitely going to be dodgy by comparison!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member