What's new

online classifieds

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, i'm looking for a good online classified plugin that goes to paypal or other.

1-3 images, description, price will do.

happy to have it as a theme instead of plugin.

any suggestions welcome

tim

findtim

Top Contributor

Ash

Top Contributor
thanks, looks good as i just want an easy no mess setup. i'll check it out more

tim

Can't find the post but Johno69 didn't have a very good review of appthemes... If I recall correctly, I think he mentioned their code and support was sloppy. Will have a closer look and see if I can find his comments.

Found it...

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, i'd love clarification from johno69 as that was 3 months ago, has a new update changed things?

he was also talking at the time about the directory script not the classified script.

tim

hydie

Thought I would give this a bit of a bump due to a new project I am working on.

Has anyone come across some more decent templates/scripts?

I need something that has a somewhat decent/modifiable landing page, and basically most of the stripped down features of what Carsales.com.au offers search wise. It MUST include a form that a buyer can email the seller through the site.

Classipress doesn't seem up to the task.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
I have used classipress and while it is not perfect, it does have a lot of functionality out of the box. Also it can send contact forms via the item's page. It has a lot of support and it is quite cheap.

However one downside, is that styling changes to css would require making changes to the css file, as there is not a lot of style customizing option. That being said you could use a child theme http://marketplace.appthemes.com/child-themes/classipress/ (not an affiliate link)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo