What's new

Old wrinkly webdesigner

Luke

Top Contributor
I guess i never properly introduced myself. If i did, sorry but your about to get it all again. :D

It all started about 4.5 years ago when Dr Paz and Prof Michael invited me to a nerdy MSN group discussion where we, and about 10 other Aussie webmaster nerdlings, mingled, played meticulous chess and inscribed our plot to take over the Australian web industry. We had no money (speak for myself), no decent domains and hardly any clue of what we were doing (which by no means has changed much ). I started forum after website after forum after blog and made a few spammy adsense sites just to be a douche like everyone else, but I've learned a crap load on the way. The best part is I've managed to stay passionate about the web. I love thinking up new ideas, registering a domain, thinking up another idea and never finishing the project i only just started. Through this I've acquired some decent names through Netfleet and a heap of cool ideas I would like to pursue one day. For those who don't know already, Michael started this very website your on now, so it's been inspiring so see this site grow. Since the mid 00's, I've now finished school, studied some IT and started work as a web designer for a company on the coast - who have really taught me a lot. I feel pretty fortunate to work there. :) My biggest project at the moment is Aussie Autos, which I've completely redesigned and is undergoing programming by the guys at my work. It's the only project I've stuck with since the beginning while i patiently waited for the .com.au domain - which has taken me until only recently to get. My goal is to have a sweet office of my own one day, where we can spend most of the day killing each other on counter strike, jumping on trampolines and playing in a pit full of balls. I honestly don't care that much about having a lot of money, just having the lifestyle would be awesome enough, as long as we we're comfortable at least anyway. :p

That's about it I think. If you ever want any advice, feedback, or want to bounce an idea off someone - feel free to send me a PM. I can be a bit of a shit stirrer at the worst of times, but I enjoy helping other people.

You can't tell me this doesn't look fun...

neddy

Top Contributor
Nice one Luke!

But if you think you're old, check out this picture of Oz. He was caught in a pensive mood thinking
about which finance domain he should purchase next. :D

I've got one of Don (GeoDomains) somewhere - he's even older.

And then there's me ..................

paz

The only thing I gathered from that ramble was that I am responsible for any future earnings by you and therefore I'll take my 10% in beer or accommodation on the gold coast (note: accommodation must include beer).

Oz.

Top Contributor
Nice one Luke!

But if you think you're old, check out this picture of Oz. He was caught in a pensive mood thinking
about which finance domain he should purchase next. :D

I've got one of Don (GeoDomains) somewhere - he's even older.

And then there's me ..................
My true identity has been revealed! Lucky you caught me just before I picked my nose!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
on the issue of age i choose to remain silent , feel a bit silly welcoming Luke at this stage of the game , ok here goes .......... 'Welcome'

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo