1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Bloke, New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TpD, Feb 13, 2012.

1. TpD

TpD Membership: VIP

Hi Everyone, I'm Thomas.
    I'm 52, just about to be retrenched and looking for a new and different way to create an income other than the 9-5.
    I live in a suburb in the Sth West of Sydney.

I've never made a website, and bought my first domain at the start of this year.

I have read through a fair bit of the comments offered to other newbs, and will follow up by reading most of the suggestions offered.

Maybe a good project for me would be to do a case study of how to moneytise a new site from scratch and report back on each step.
    This would provide a template for other newbs, a sort of "How To"

I'm happy to use one of the few domains I have bought already, and pay for whatever needs to be done to get it up and running, but I would appreciate any help and guidence offered.

Thanks for having me :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. soj

soj Founder

G'day Thomas - good to have another "senior" on the forum. :)

Your suggestion sounds like a really good one. Hope you do it.

Where are you based?

Cheers, Ned

3. TpD

TpD Membership: VIP

Thanks Ned, I'm near Campbelltown but can drive anywhere within reason if someone wanted to partner up to help me see the project through.

4. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Tip: your computer is your vehicle :) no need to drive anywhere these days.

And welcome aboard.