What's new

NO to .au

findtim

Top Contributor
SO, what ya gonna do ? are you going to sit on the fence, just lurk on the forums or are you actually going to put your hand up and do something ?
this thread is not for a YES vote, if you want a YES vote then start your own thread please, this is a NO vote thread based on its present form.
that would be the one that hasn't told anyone about it, hasn't really asked concerned owners of domains, and has created a BS survey that only leads to very few answers which based on discussions will be ignored anyway.
SOOOO this thread is NOT about discussion, its about COMMUNICATION to our clients.
please post here simple sentences like " i gave the survey link and information to 4 of my clients today "
thats what is needed and what auda SHOULD HAVE DONE already.

they haven't told us the price of .au, they haven't told us who would get a .au , they haven't told us what happens next EXCEPT for " ohhh we will decide all that later once you accept it "............UTTER BS
SOOOOOOO, its just 14 days to go, lets share ideas, what have you done to inform your clients? what have you done yourself ? have you done the survey ?

this is important so don't come back and cry poor if the decision doesn't go your way, get on the phone, who do you know, the propaganda the registras are SPEWING out to australias is ridiculous , its amazing that the registras are doing SOOOOO much work on this and auda is sitting around a camp fire drinking coffee sharing ghost stories !

ALL you need do is contact your clients and give them the link to the survey, i'm not going to post it here YOU SHOULD HAVE IT !!!!!
now i'm going to go nasty , MAKE AN EFFORT.

please post successes of contacts you have made, it would be inspiring for others, dntrade is FREE, just join and introduce yourself and come out of the woods damn it.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
i just wanted to separate posts, i'm presently on 25 clients i have contacted and will be emailing them tomorrow,WHY just 25, because they are my BEST clients and i want to get some feedback from them before going forward, i think its a good thing to do as people may be confused because WE KNOW whats going on but they don't.
i've warned them, i've phoned them, and i will be phoning them again ( as i said they are good clients so they put up with my rants because i make them moneyyyyyyyyy )

so thats my present method, i'll post once i have it down pat, i hope others post and this doesn't become a "tim only" thread
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
this to me is so funny
http://screencast.com/t/z5G8SXQ08
so many views and only a few people making posts, i say BUGGER OFF, either get in the game or P1ss off , it really annoys me and here's another one
http://screencast.com/t/dEkv9Mtxk

57 views and not one response ! ( except bacon's like ) why do you even bother looking ? IMO just go away, one of the most important things that may occur in the .com.au space could happen and you are doing nothing about.

have your say, auda are looking at dnt and all they are seeing is a few people stating their beliefs , IMAGINE if EVERYONE stated their belief?
auda i think are happy right now, they don't tell anyone, they don't comment and they are set to get the money in their pockets now or in 2-5 yrs time, happy chappies really.
the rest of you are going to complain later, probably not auda members and not vote at this years election ! so join now so you can at least vote next year.

i'm not winning any friends here? NO, i'm trying to protect my friends, but i am really sick of seeming to have to " push the horse to water and FORCE it to drink"

POST ! , join, have an opinion........... every opinion is right and wrong but be strong with criticism but have a say.

everyone wants to hear it, especially me.

tim

James

Top Contributor
Just received this email

You may have seen discussions recently regarding the proposal by auDA (.au Domain Administration) to simplify the Australian domain space by allowing businesses to register domain names directly in the second level, for example as companyname.au instead ofcompanyname.com.au.

The introduction of direct .au registrations would have a number of benefits for Australian businesses, including:

• The option of a shorter domain name which is easier for customers to remember
  • Reducing the risk of misdirected traffic through customers misremembering addresses, for example typing .net.au instead of .com.au
  • Providing shorter addresses without sacrificing the visibility and trust associated with an .au domain
When second-level registrations have been opened up overseas, for example .uk and .nz, it has been remarkably successful. This strongly suggests that .au would be similarly popular.

If you support giving businesses the option of registering domains directly under .au, please cast your vote in favour of the proposal — simply click YES for all questions.

Voting closes on Wednesday, 30th September.

Kind regards,
Netregistry

findtim

Top Contributor
LOL, it was also posted from Zip, in another thread , luckily the way i run my business is all correspondence for my clients ( 99%) comes to me and not them so they will never receive this propaganda.
this way they don't get so much domain name renewal spam.
tim

peterpan

Completed the survey last week for a NO vote. The .nz and .uk examples are cited as successes in support. Correct me if i'm wrong but .nz wont allow a registration of a direct .nz if there is a conflict between .co.nz or net.nz registrants and since .co.uk does not have a .net.uk there really is only one eligible applicant, again correct if my wrong. No such proposal for the .au. the proposal that the no hierarchy of rights principle to apply to the .au meaning first come first served. Both .co.uk and .co.nz and net.nz had a 'no hierarchy of rights principle' but it did not stop them from protecting existing registrants for the .uk and .nz direct registrations. The argument for consistency was obviously rejected in both cases. My guess is that .com.au and .net.au registrations have plateaued and growth is sought from direct defensive registrations.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo