What's new

nike.com.au dropping

djuqa

Top Contributor
As Nike's solicitors would say "Just Do It"

Yes , you would need a good pair of Runners to escape them.

On a more serious note:- Explain to me (& others) exactly why registrars and AUsregistry can't implement procedures to prevent repeated "Register - Policy Delete " cycles.

If it is a conspiracy to rip repeated registration fees from suckers - than that is FRAUD "Obtaining money by deception"

Last edited:

acheeva

Top Contributor
On a more serious note:- Explain to me (& others) exactly why registrars and AUsregistry can't implement procedures to prevent repeated "Register - Policy Delete " cycles

Tim's explanation above of the possibility of a legitimate registration could be part of the answer

Utube is similar; a pipe bender could readily register that name & claim the domain (imo)

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
On a more serious note:- Explain to me (& others) exactly why registrars and AUsregistry can't implement procedures to prevent repeated "Register - Policy Delete " cycles.
I used to be of the strong opinion that it should be blocked at ausRegistry (to make it easier for all Registrars and Registrants) but as time passes I am starting to understand that the auDA policies are designed to be implemented by humans because there are as many exceptions to the rules as there are rules. Each deletion is dealt with by a human at auDA. To try to mimic this behaviour at the software level is costly and prone to errors.

payattention

Archived Member

If it is a conspiracy to rip repeated registration fees from suckers - than that is FRAUD "Obtaining money by deception"

We need less rules (preferably none) and procedures, not more. The registrars and auction sites have no business policing what can and cannot be registered. I have a better idea - people take personal responsibility for what they register. If this means some people blow $$$ here and there, so be it.

findtim

Top Contributor
We need less rules (preferably none) and procedures, not more. The registrars and auction sites have no business policing what can and cannot be registered. I have a better idea - people take personal responsibility for what they register. If this means some people blow $$$ here and there, so be it.

you contradict yourself "The registrars and auction sites have no business policing what can and cannot be registered" , to my knowledge they don't ! its the AUDA that does.

did you not read the previous posts? utube CAN be registered without fail by the CORRECT business.

trademark will always cut in to direct names like nike, but in my opinion if nike wanted to register nike.com.au then they bloody well should have a long time ago and if i owned a shoe shop in 2012 and SOLD nike's then nike have NO claim to that domain name, so yes i'm now back on your side Jonathan but the first needed to be stated.

Can the people in DNT who know more about this process then me please start a thread on this domain, i would REALLY love to know the process that is about to happen, reg, transfer, pd, back into the system, dates, and back onto netfleet.

if someone could take on the challenge to detail this i think it would be grand for all of us....... or has it already been done and you can post a link?

tim

Tim is right, neither auDA or Ausregistry should be blocking these domains from being registered, otherwise where do you draw the line, who gets exclusive use of a domain name, the big corporates or small businesses. There are often multiple parties that are eligible to register a domain, I have seen many cases where a client has picked up a PD and when audited was able to prove an entitlement under Policy.

orange

a great static site showing how to tell a fake Nike :)

a nice chat site about nike unofficial of-course

a photography site show casing nike past and present

australian japanese firm ni ke

sued for being helpful , would they dare

think I have a pair of mike's to sell tho

findtim

Top Contributor
Orange: all good examples but its even simpler then that.

the reality is Nike Corp have had time to make their move and they haven't.

SO if i am a shoe shop and i have nike.com.au and on the website i ONLY promote NIKE products then why on earth should i be potentially up for a court case???? jeezzzz, i'm selling their product which i am buying from them!

lucky me lucky them.

as i understand copyright law ( not trademark law) if you advertise online that you sell a brand and use a brands image and ACTUALLY do sell the brand then you have no worries, its when you advertise using a brands image but do not sell the brand that you then have an issue.

[ tell me if i am wrong]

as i said before PLEASE can we follow this domain and see how it pans out

tim

Lucas

Top Contributor
new owner = NIKE AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD. who won the auction for $1412 - probably still cheaper than lawyers...

Mark

Top Contributor
Can the people in DNT who know more about this process then me please start a thread on this domain, i would REALLY love to know the process that is about to happen, reg, transfer, pd, back into the system, dates, and back onto netfleet.

if someone could take on the challenge to detail this i think it would be grand for all of us....... or has it already been done and you can post a link?

tim

It expired "naturally" and was never a pendingDelete, Nike registered it via our platform, and it now redirects to Nike.com. I'm pretty sure Nike actually owned it beforehand too.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member