What's new

Next Aftermarket Auction

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I am wondering when we can see the names submitted for the next aftermarket ?

Is there normally a release date for the names ?

Love to know thanks

DavidL

Top Contributor
I have no idea why they display the old auction for 3 weeks after it finishes

Yeah it's not ideal - waste of valuable realestate. We are changing the auction system around quite radically so it will be much better soon. Please bear with us in the meantime!

PS this month's auction is set to be the biggest yet!

neddy

Top Contributor
Can you please give us some sort of indications as to possible changes in the works? :)

The one I'm really keen on is having auto extensions instead of "sudden death".

DavidL

Top Contributor
Well one of the main things is to be able to send any domain immediately to its own little auction. So you don't have to wait each month. This means there will be domains running at various stages of their auction at any given time.

We'll still do the big 'event' auctions too though - maybe theme them of be selective with quality.

And yes extensions are in considerations too...

Chris.C

Top Contributor
What about the Snapper auctions?
Maybe. Obviously the main problem with the Snapper auctions is that you need all the bids in by a certain time, 1pm, whereas with the AMA there is no reason why the extension couldn't go on for a considerable amount of time.

At present I think most people that are savvy to the extension feature of Drop just don't bid until the end of the extension period. I know that's what I do anyway. So it's somewhat self defeating.

I think this is largely brought about again by the fact that there is a definitive end to the auction at 1pm.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Sorry Joe - not yet but we will do soon.

A good way to tell is to place a bid and if you get a tick, it means it had no reserve (well the default $100) :)

BTW some great domains in this auction.

DomainNames.net.au, rr.com.au, Dublin.com.au are some of the standouts for me.

neddy

Top Contributor
Liquidation Sale

I guess there is a first time for everything, but this month's Netfleet Aftermarket Auction has some very unique listings!

They are the equivalent of a "mortgagee sale" of domain names.

For those of you that have followed domaining news, you would be aware that Australian Style Pty Ltd t/a Bottle Domains was placed into liquidation earlier this year.

http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda09022011/

So there are quite a few domains on offer, and I would imagine that the reserve prices would be more than reasonable.

Without giving an exhaustive list, here are a couple of examples:

RR.com.au - a real trophy 2L domain name

DomainName.net.au - the .com recently sold for $1million! http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2011/20110525.htm

These are definitely worth a bid imho - particularly if the reserves are going to be reasonable.

Billy01

Top Contributor
For such high quality domains

It looks like this one may be a bit of a flop. Always goes to show you can never pick what sells and why.

eg financialadvisor.com.au and financialadviser.com.au

neddy

Top Contributor
Only an hour or so to go... so last chance.

Billy, I don't think it's going to be a flop per se.... but if you feel it is then it's great news for buyers so get in there ;)

Top three domains -

maternity.com.au $6,001
financialadvisor.com.au $3,001
domainnames.net.au $3,000

http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=auctions

1. Great result for financialadvisor.com.au!

2. I'm surprised that people bid so much for some obvious typos!

3. I'm surprised that some reserves were so high. I think it has been proven that if a domain is "on the market", then it tends to attract more bids because people know it is going to sell! e.g. RR.com.au - I would have thought $1500 was a good reserve level based on recent comparable sales.

Just my personal observations and opinions!

Finally, well done to Netfleet for putting the auction on. Regardless of results, it is the only real Aussie option out there at the moment, so let's support it.

Shane

Top Contributor
I find it crazy that financialadvisor.com.au went to $9,000 and still didn't meet reserve.

"Advisor" is the American spelling; here in Australia is it "Adviser".

I'm sure the site would get some traffic from searches for the misspelling, but you could never brand such a site without looking stupid. That's my opinion anyway...

neddy

Top Contributor
1. Great result for financialadvisor.com.au!

Oops - I didn't realise this hadn't sold. I didn't look for the green flag! :eek:

I just assumed at that price that it would have met reserve.

Still a great result to get that amount of bids, and achieve that level of price. Hope the seller doesn't regret having such a high reserve!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member