What's new

Newbie Question: Anyone know what a Virtualisation Conflict is?

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Hi All,

Happy New year, and apologies my first post here is a question!

Last night around 9pm prior to going out for New Years I attempted to register a total of 7 domain names through Hostess.com.au

5 of the 7 worked fine and I got emails through, however two of them are showing up as status "virtualisation conflict" in the hostess.com.au control panel.

Can anyone help me as to what this means? I notice on the ausregistry whois it correctly shows me as the owner (a good sign), BUT it has status as "inactive" rather than "ok" which it does for the other 5.

I have googled this term and it comes up with nothing relevant. Has anyone ever heard of this before or can explain it? I'm VERY new at this so any advice is appreciated!

One thing relevant is that these two names have both recently been registered then had their registrations lapsed, whereas the other five have never been registered to the best of my knowledge. However given they were showing up as not being registered in a ausregistry whois when I tried to register them, this should be fine shouldnt it?

Hoping someone can help!

paz

Hi,

Are you sure the two were once registered, and had their registrations lapse...or were they deleted?

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Hi Paz,

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure at all - I have idea if they are deleted or lapsed or what. They definitely are NOT anything controversial in topic that would have the names banned at all if thats what you mean. Other than that i'm not familiar with the difference.

All I know is that I came across both of these along with a third one a couple months ago that had no actual sites there, but a whois search said they were registered.... but due for renewal soon. Cant remember exact renewal dates but had to be have been in the last couple weeks sometime.

Anyway I did a whois search yesterday and both came up as not registered (the third one did get renewed by the owner). So I went to hostess, it said they were available, and I applied to register, along with the other ones that worked.

Any further advice????

paz

Sorry mate I can't help you then!

I've never had that problem with hostess, your best bet would be to call them.

Make sure to let us know when you find out :)

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Any idea of a phone number

Hey Paz I would love to call them but they don't list a phone number, just their bloody support ticket system.

Was this just an off hand remark, or do you have a "secret" phone number for them you would like to share?

Thanks
Matt
http://www.marketingweb.com.au

johno69

Top Contributor
I called Net Registry once a while back and told them I was a hoestess client, as well as a NR client.

I asked for a number for Hostess and they basically said they are email only and that's how they keep the prices down.

So I haven't been able to get a number either.

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Final end to the saga is that I got my certificates through, one at 10:14am for joom.com.au and one at 1:28pm for startpages.com.au

I would have LOVED to have been able to post something here as to what this Virtualisation conflict actually means for all our education and for anyone who comes across this thread in the future, but I recieved no responses at all to my two tickets - so looks like they did their job finally but ignored my tickets with the questions!

Anyway at least I have the domains now, and i'm pretty chuffed with them both.

Matt
www.marketingweb.com.au

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Not sure if anyone cares, but thought i'd record the below here to close of the story:

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for contacting Hostess Technical Support.

The domain name was previously with one of our sister companies, but still listed in our accounts system, even though the domain name had expired etc.

When you purchased the domain name, the system came across a conflict which needed to be manually resolved. This conflict was due to an account for the domain name in question already being logged in the system. This account had to be deleted manually which then in turn removed the conflict and therefore we were able to successfully register your domain name.

Please advise if i can be of any further assistance.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member