What's new

New Website.....

mickjohn

I am in the process of mapping out a new website for a domain that I have. Personally I think the idea is great but.... everyone that develops a website would think its a great idea.

My questions are.... How do you know whether there is a market for it? How do you market it on a budget (if that is possible)? Would you try to market it yourself? How do you limit your exposure?

Lacking significant experience, I plan to develop the site to a working/aesthetically ok status at a modest cost. Then I would like to take it to industry experts/marketing company for input/enhancement and advice. Is this the right way to go about it?

I am thinking there is a plethora of experience on here and would appreciate any advice/contacts or recommendations.

mickjohn

A bit of background.
The site is a .com.au website. There is direct competition for it in Australia.
It is offers a platform for B2B, B2C and C2C transactions not unlike current options but offers a couple of variations that have not been done and that may give a competitive edge over currently available websites.

It is very low or no-cost to the users, depending on the transaction.

snoopy

Top Contributor
My questions are.... How do you know whether there is a market for it?

Get a quick and nasty site up and see if it gets any traction. Polling on the site may also help.

How do you market it on a budget (if that is possible)? Would you try to market it yourself? How do you limit your exposure?

Singup for a free adwords trial (eg spend $10, get $100 credit). If you don't have a voucher ring up google and tell them the code you have didn't work. They'll then email you one.

Limiting your exposure is easy....hardly spend any money. If anything involves spending more than the cost of a few pizzas forget about that expenditure. Most things can be done for free or peanuts.

Lacking significant experience, I plan to develop the site to a working/aesthetically ok status at a modest cost. Then I would like to take it to industry experts/marketing company for input/enhancement and advice. Is this the right way to go about it?

It sounds ok except for the bit about taking it to a marketing company, spending money is probably a bad idea unless it is generating profits.

Honan

Top Contributor
What snoopy said.
Except I will charge you $xxx per hour to tell you exactly the same thing and take ages to get to the point.

acheeva

Top Contributor
Great advice from Snoopy

The general principle of having a dynamic business & marketing plan apply to any project big or small

Measure, measure & measure again

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members