What's new

New Website @ Netfleet

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi guys!

Well we've finally launched the new site (www.netfleet.com.au) we've been working on for a few months now. Really keen for some feedback & bug spotting so if you have a chance please check it out.

One thing we're quite excited about is our new rating system (NR) which ranks all the websites in the system by quality.

This is very much in beta so keen to hear if you feel it's an accurate(ish) tool & whether you can suggest any improvements.

We know it's probably a little harsh on Australian Geos and also compound domains but we are working to address that....

Thanks very much

David

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
congrats, looks a lot cleaner and more user friendly.

Although I think maybe there is an overuse of white in some parts of the site especially the domain details page.

TroyW

Top Contributor
G'day David,

It looks good but I don't like making the best NetFleet offer public. I've previously been offered $20K for a domain that you have a best offer listed as $3.5K for. It's misleading and I believe it brings down the value of the domains.

TW

PS: I'm still a big netfleet fan though !!!!

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi David,
Looks good and good luck with the new auction format.
Don

Thanks Don. Yes the auctions will be interesting. Please feel free to submit some for consideration!

congrats, looks a lot cleaner and more user friendly.

Although I think maybe there is an overuse of white in some parts of the site especially the domain details page.

Thanks DTP. I think that's a valid point as you say. We'll see what we can do to tidy up. Appreciate the feedback

G'day David,

It looks good but I don't like making the best NetFleet offer public. I've previously been offered $20K for a domain that you have a best offer listed as $3.5K for. It's misleading and I believe it brings down the value of the domains.

TW

Hi Troy, I can see your point and we'll have a think about that. Just show the number of bids for example are you saying?

Trouble is I think this is something people want to know (it was actually the same in the previous version too) & TBH I really don't think people will be swayed by lowball offers (real buyers that is!). It also means that new buyers will know there's no point going under that figure.

I think the value of domains should be & will be dictated by sales rather than offers (just like most commodities).

Thanks again all for feedback it is greatly appreciated. Anyone have any thoughts on the mysterious NR? :)

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi David,

Congrats to you and Mark for a great improvement to your site.

I would like to suggest an additional feature that would improve it even further! It would be great to have the ability to message potential buyers or sellers with questions. e.g. if I offered you $x, would you consider a staged payment? etc, etc. I don't think this would interfere with the integrity of the site, and comments / questions could always be moderated.

eBay offers this feature, and it generally works well for the benefit of both parties.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Ned

Another great feature would be buyer and seller profiles. Each party can provide feedback for the other, in areas of set criteria regarding the sale. This helps to establish the buyer and seller reputations and build trust to enable further transactions to take place.

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hi Troy, I can see your point and we'll have a think about that. Just show the number of bids for example are you saying?

Trouble is I think this is something people want to know (it was actually the same in the previous version too) & TBH I really don't think people will be swayed by lowball offers (real buyers that is!). It also means that new buyers will know there's no point going under that figure.

A simple solution would be to drop the "best" or change it to something like "recent offers" instead. I don't have an issue with the publication itself, just the statement that it's the "best offer" when in many cases it probably isn't.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Thanks guys, some great suggestions there.

Ned, we will introduce some sort of communication system but will need to be very careful with it. I personally have experienced (and been frustrated by) people insisting on email dialogue rather than submitting a formal offer. We don't want our sellers to be subjected with emails saying "If I put in a bid of $500 will you accept?" as it ends up wasting your time (by responding), will likely hurt a final sale price (it's amazing how public offers stimulate other offers from other parties) and is ultimately more risky if negotiations are done behind closed doors.

Will let you know what we come up with shortly...

Kris - yes profiles are a great idea. Although there's not that much data thus far, we can certainly start with "Member Since XYZ", "Offers Made" etc.

Troy - that's a good idea. A simple word change might make all the difference. Stay tuned!

I'd also like to see you seperate your NR ranking system into a standalone service that can be used as a quick quick of the .au name worthiness. Similar to estibot for .com.

Even if only for NetFleet site members, as a way to determine the potential ranking of the name prior to listing it.

Otherwise, I'd like to say well done with the site. It looks great now, and I'm sure the changes will help attract more buyers and sellers.

As always, looking forward to more improvements in future though, so keep up the hard work :)

Cheers,
Kris

neddy

Top Contributor
Thanks guys, some great suggestions there.

Ned, we will introduce some sort of communication system but will need to be very careful with it. I personally have experienced (and been frustrated by) people insisting on email dialogue rather than submitting a formal offer. We don't want our sellers to be subjected with emails saying "If I put in a bid of $500 will you accept?" as it ends up wasting your time (by responding), will likely hurt a final sale price (it's amazing how public offers stimulate other offers from other parties) and is ultimately more risky if negotiations are done behind closed doors.

I understand what you are saying David, but I just think that a regulated messaging system would definitely help get some real action going for serious buyers and sellers. At the moment there have been so few sales compared to the number of domains on offer - we need all the tools we can get to achieve a sale! At the moment, say a lowball offer comes in, the seller then counter-offers - and then may never hear another thing!

I know that one of your concerns is that people may end up dealing outside of Netfleet, but that can surely be monitored and covered for in your terms and conditions. Or, as another suggestion, maybe just allow people to message each other once a bid has been placed? I made a recent sale to a fellow DNTrade member, but it would never have been concluded had we not had the ability to communicate and negotiate terms somehow. And that somehow was you (thanks!). :)

Cheers, Ned

TroyW

Top Contributor
One thing we're quite excited about is our new rating system (NR) which ranks all the websites in the system by quality.

Hello David,

I just logged in to the new netfleet website and really like the NR tool (even though I think you're short a couple for propertysale.com.au) . I often look for domains and this provides a great short cut for prioritising - fantastic!

Also, have you thought about adding a link to developed websites? I've ticked the box and now the little logo comes up but perhaps a link the site would also be helpful?

DavidL

Top Contributor
A simple solution would be to drop the "best" or change it to something like "recent offers" instead. I don't have an issue with the publication itself, just the statement that it's the "best offer" when in many cases it probably isn't.

Thanks again for the feedback Troy - have made the change as you suggest.

That was the easy one :)

Kris, NR will indeed form the basis of a stand alone rating system. Might be a while before we connect it to an actual price but in the near future we should have an online tool where you can plug in your domain and get some sort of rating.

Ned, yes we will definitely do something. It will be highly regulated though as we are really concerned that things could get out of hand if not. Anyway please stay tuned!

Troy, yes fair call re propertysale.com.au. We have noticed already (and are addressing) that it's a little harsh on compound names and also geographic names. On the other hand it's a little too generous with numerics.

Appreciate the feedback though - keep it coming & we'll keep tweaking to get the best possible representation.

Thanks again, guys

DavidL

Top Contributor
I understand what you are saying David, but I just think that a regulated messaging system would definitely help get some real action going for serious buyers and sellers. At the moment there have been so few sales compared to the number of domains on offer - we need all the tools we can get to achieve a sale! At the moment, say a lowball offer comes in, the seller then counter-offers - and then may never hear another thing!

I know that one of your concerns is that people may end up dealing outside of Netfleet, but that can surely be monitored and covered for in your terms and conditions. Or, as another suggestion, maybe just allow people to message each other once a bid has been placed? I made a recent sale to a fellow DNTrade member, but it would never have been concluded had we not had the ability to communicate and negotiate terms somehow. And that somehow was you (thanks!). :)

Cheers, Ned

Hi Ned,

Just to let you know we have now adopted this messaging system.

Here are the comments a member can add when making an offer:

• Please respond ASAP - quick sale wanted
  • Subject to sale agreement, prepared to pay 50% sale price prior to domain name transfer
  • Subject to sale agreement, prepared to pay in full prior to domain name transfer
  • This is my final offer
  • Willing to negotiate further

Would appreciate anyone's feedback regarding these comments?

Thanks as always...

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hi Net,

It would be great to have similar msg system for sellers. I don't always want to send a counter offer so I just don't respond. Being able to send a msg such as "thank you for your offer, unfortunately we feel the domain is worth more" or something to that effect would be great.

I would respond more with such a system and buyers would get better feedback.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Sorry Troy I should have posted these as well. Here are the seller's options:

• Payment option: Will accept credit cards
  • Payment option: Will accept PayPal
  • Please respond ASAP - quick sale wanted
  • Subject to sale agreement, prepared to transfer domain name on receipt of 50% sale price
  • Subject to sale agreement, prepared to transfer domain name prior to payment
  • This is my final offer
  • Willing to negotiate further

You can select multiple options as well.

Anything we've missed?

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hello Net,

I haven't logged in for a while so things may have changed. The above responses assume that I want to sell the domain.

I currently ignore low offers where the offer amount is well below what I've listed the domain for. I would like to be able to respond with a simple "no thank you".

Eg; If I've got a domain posted at $100K and someone offers $10, I don't think there's any value in me counter offering $99K but I do believe the potential buyer has a right to a response such as "Thank you for your offer, but unfortunately we're seeking a higher price for the domain" or similar.

I hope this makes sense.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yeah we can look to add that in no probs.

I was thinking the counter offer of $99K would probably get the message through... mind you with some offers you see, sometimes you have to wonder what planet the 'offerer' is on!!!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
netfleet has been added to 7676 (adult blog) i tried to insert link into post , but didn't work ...... so it's a link on the side under the black heading 'business opportunies'

...... hope that's ok , maybe try the rss a bit later on !!!!!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member