What's new

New SERP Layout

payattention

Archived Member
This is only on google.com ATM, not AU but look at how prominent the adverts are now. They only shifted the results further towards the left 12-18 months back and now it looks like they might be doing it again. I strongly believe they use trickery such as the "ads related to credit cards" text, huge gaps between listings, 1,000,000 etc results on it own line, images + maps etc etc appearing twice in order to push organic further down.

Just having a bitch..

.com.au for comparison

findtim

Top Contributor
i get a similar result, the
"3,134 people +1'd or follow CommBank" shits me

who cares google +1? like no one has ever heard of commbank:rolleyes:

all its doing is taking up another couple of millimetres pushing down my organic result.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Not sure how any of this is trickery? It is in Google interest to positions the paid results as prominently as possible. For something like credit cards why should there even be an organic section?

There is banks & aggregators in the paid section and bank & aggregators in the organic section, it is is the same stuff except one section depends on paying someone for SEO and the other depends on paying Google.

payattention

Archived Member
I call it trickery because each incremental change over the past few years has been made to increase the CTR of the ads under the guise of improving user experience but at this point it's blatantly obvious what these minor changes are intended to do where as it wasn't so much before.. the rub is that they penalise other websites for engaging in the same practice.

As I said in the OP, I was just having a bitch (sour grapes). All these little changes hurt over time but if Google was my own little home office gig, page 1 would be Adwords only where possible and I'd move organic results to page 2.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member