What's new

New Aussie on the block.

Zachorazor

Hi Chris and all members of this community.

I'm launching into the domain sales side of things and wow, it's a steep curve, but so far it's also quite fascinating. Sometimes I look like this :eek:, but I'm working through this :confused: with a view to looking something resembling this :cool:.

I hope I can contribute as I learn about the field, and I look forward to interacting with you all and learning from you and your experiences.

Regards,

Zach

Reactions: Oz.

Zachorazor

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I make a bit of a splash in my little domain sales attempts, as opposed to an inglorious splatter. Time and lots of reading and hard work will hopefully help.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Welcome Zach :)

This is a great place to learn from others - lots of people here that are willing to share their experiences and the lessons they've learned along the way.

The cheapest way to learn is from other peoples mistakes. 90% of the time it's about learning what not to do.

That's my tip for the day ;)

Zachorazor

Thanks. I think you're absolutely right. I've found that most of the best information I've found is from being warned about what to avoid, by others. It seems sometimes that everyone has issues with every service, host or method though, and so it seems hard to make smart decisions without risking the 90% newbie mistake rate mentioned. Every bit of experience based information helps though, which is why I'm so pleased to have been invited to this community, to learn from real domain reselling professionals.

I aim to give back by contributing my experiences once I have any of note to share.

Thanks again.

So, I guess I read the rest of the threads and begin the journey now. I hope newbie questions won't be too bothersome. I'll try to become as informed as possible prior to posting them.

Thanks again.

Zach

Zachorazor

Thanks for the welcomes. I've learned a lot already, but more miles (well kilometers) to go yet.

Special thanks to Ned for giving me some great advice early on.

Zach

findtim

Top Contributor
Thanks for the welcomes. I've learned a lot already, but more miles (well kilometers) to go yet.

Special thanks to Ned for giving me some great advice early on.

Zach

its lightspeed now, take it on and put your chin up and your shoulders out, there is amazing knowledge here.

i use the method of feeling free to fail, free to be told i am wrong, free to say NO i am right...prove me wrong, free to debate, free to give advice, free to give advice and then get told i am wrong LOL.

dnt is a great place, just get involved.

if you have got to dnt then you have stuff to offer and giving is getting.

tim

Zachorazor

: )

A good confidence boost. Thanks Tim.

I'm getting close to knowing enough to put my first few domains out to see how it all works for me in the real/cyber world.

A quick newbie question: does anyone in here also sell .com domains in addition to .com.au names, as I have found some pretty good .com names but am tentative about dealing with sites like Godaddy? The credibility of Netregistry.com has been more to my tastes so far, but I don't think Afternic, Sedo or Godaddy will allow me to transfer or point to thier sites from Netregistry (it always takes days of wading through their sites and others to find anything even remotely useful about transfer processes for Australian DN owners) and pretty much all of the registrars, that they deal with and recommend, have shocking reviews and shonky DN privacy proxy services. Unless some community members here, know otherwise... (All advice so far, from everyone has been 100% worth knowing.)

Any thoughts or experiences that might be shared about the best way to sell .com DNs, at all? Should I stick to .com.au names and building my actual online businesses here, first, for a while or is international domain speculation an area that others here have found some success in navigating?

This community is very giving and I will give back someday. And I believe that knowledge makes the best of gifts, too.

Zach

findtim

Top Contributor
once you have introduced yourself you are free to create your own question threads, otherwise this intro gets clogged.

so my advice is to cut/paste your question into a new thread in the correct section, my guess " general domain discussion" or "newbies" and you will get replies.

also the SEARCH feature is great to get past info as most newbies will find most of the early questions you ask have already been answered.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member