1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Netregistry somehow used my credit card for domain renewal

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by geodomains, Apr 16, 2019.

1. geodomains

geodomains Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Netregistry has somehow used my credit card for a domain I had on auto renewal which I didn't want to renew. I hadn't bothered to change the auto renew as I knew my credit card had not been updated in my account and it was the only domain I had in that account.
    Now they tell me I can't get a refund even though it all happened today and I notified them once I saw it had been renewed.
    They don't have the expiry date or numbers on the back of my credit card, so did they get them from my Netfleet account ?
    In all my other accounts at other Registrars, if you don't update your credit card you won't get a domain renewed. I explained this to them and they gave me their terms and conditions on how they don't give refunds.
    I've lodge a reversal with my bank now as Netregistry does not want to help. Bunch of thieves.

johno69 and Bacon Farmer like this.
  2. Data Glasses

Data Glasses Membership: VIP

i heard they teased a fat kid after school as well

Bacon Farmer and geodomains like this.
  3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Sometimes banks will allow transactions to go through with old credit card numbers, have a look when you get the statement and see if it states the exact number that was used for the transaction. Banks really shouldn't be processing this crap.

geodomains likes this.
  4. geodomains

geodomains Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Well update, Netregistry are now going to refund my credit card. I did say I would post on DNT , so maybe the forum has punch after all.

Data Glasses likes this.
  5. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

These guys are on the low level of the scale so doesn’t surprise me it would take public posting to get them to do the right thing.

geodomains likes this.