What's new

Netregistry Group acquires Distribute.IT and Click 'n Go

It's a shame. I've known Carl and Alex for a very long time. To have your business destroyed like this just isn't right.

Which begs the question, where should people who had their domains at DistributeIT now hold their domains? With the volatility of management/ownership of all these AU registrars, who do you trust, and who do you hold your domain assets with?

djuqa

Top Contributor
Having over the last year transferred (from PlaneDomain) / registered 100+ domains at distribute.it, I am sorry to see them go.
However Larry Bloch and the rest of the Netregistry crew are probably the best overall Group in Aussie to take over the operation.

tykota

There are a fair few companies out there that do Domain reselling;

AussieHQ
AustDomains
Domain Central
Domain Reseller Direct
eNom - This is for gTLD only though
PlanetDomains
Reseller Club
OpenSRS (they appear to run through Tucows)
ZipHosting

And the list goes on. Ones that I would suggest to stay away from, would be Crazy Domains - they charge for DNS hosting among other things, and Enetica... horrible support and they don't have their EPP codes in their system synced with the registry making transferring domains a nightmare!

Honan

Top Contributor
And the list goes on. Ones that I would suggest to stay away from, would be Crazy Domains - they charge for DNS hosting among other things, and Enetica... horrible support and they don't have their EPP codes in their system synced with the registry making transferring domains a nightmare!

I aways thought that because Ausregistry.com.au send out the transfer codes, the losing registrar played no part in transferring .au names
Am I mistaken?

tykota

In this case, yes, for your .au domains transfers are virtually instantaneous. However, the transfers of .gTLD domains stays the same, needing to renew with the transfer and to verify every domain.

I just thought to let people know of a couple of companies that do domain reselling so they can investigate and move over to if they don't want to stay with NetRegistry, the companies listed are not recommendations, just a list of some companies with a strong reputation with their domains... but then again, DIT had a great rep too and look what happened to them... :( it's really sad

Honan

Top Contributor
In this case, yes, for your .au domains transfers are virtually instantaneous. However, the transfers of .gTLD domains stays the same, needing to renew with the transfer and to verify every domain.

I just thought to let people know of a couple of companies that do domain reselling so they can investigate and move over to if they don't want to stay with NetRegistry, the companies listed are not recommendations, just a list of some companies with a strong reputation with their domains... but then again, DIT had a great rep too and look what happened to them... :( it's really sad
Oh yeah, I see what you mean now
Thanks for that list. I did not realize there were so many choices for .au domain reselling

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo