1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Netfleet's Money Back Backorder Guaranteed

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by latin_sydney, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. latin_sydney

latin_sydney Membership: Community

Netfleet's Guaranteed Backorder Service
    Hi Guys,
    Does Netfleet offer a full money back guarantee if the domain becomes available and is not successfully registered to me?

DomainNames likes this.
  2. Joel

Joel Membership: Community

From memory, the backorder service is a pay per service that's valid for 2 years. There's no guarantee of the domain either purging from the registry, nor of NetFleet registering it when it does drop. The backorder service has no guarantee.

3. latin_sydney

so, money back guarantee if the domain is not successfully registered to me?

4. Joel

No, you don't get your money back.

5. latin_sydney

6. Joel

I stand corrected. It never used to be this wa - if you look at the backorder info on the NetFleet site, it doesn't mention the guarantee, it's only mentioned on the NetRegistry site.

7. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Looks like a four year old blog post on the Netregistry site that hasn't been updated... Hopefully someone from there is reading this. :)

You have to look at backorders like a bet. If you have a hunch, you put your $200 down and see what happens over the next two years...

They don't always become available, but I've had three with Netfleet and their record has been 100%.

Scott7 and DomainNames like this.
  8. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    no refund and i don't think any company offers it.

i have only ever used it once and i got the domain, its a gamble true but they won against DS so thats a pretty good effort.

one thing i did do though was ring them 2 days before ( and they answered LOL ) and just pointed it out to them, not sure if that help but it didn't hurt.

i also know others not on dnt that have used it successfully MANY times as i have been privy to the facts post auction.

tim

9. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

That's interesting to read but yes its some historical page
    Written on 24 June, 2013 by Verity Meagher
    https://www.netregistry.com.au/blog/my-domain-name-is-not-available-now-what/
    "Netfleet's Guaranteed Backorder Service
    Netfleet registers only one backorder per domain name and has a 100%* record of catching contested backorders. This service costs $199.95 where the Netfleet technology scans the available names 24 hours per day and 7 days per week and catches the name on your behalf should it become available. Netfleet offer a full money back guarantee if the domain becomes available and is not successfully registered to you.

Netregistry partnered with Netfleet in 2008 to expand their services to customers. If you would like to find out more about Netfleet visit www.netfleet.com.au.

* Statistics based on expired domain auction and backorder domains successfully caught and registered through Netfleet during the period November 2012 to May 2013."

10. latin_sydney

Also with Netfleet only com.au or net.au domain names can be back ordered, whats the best alternative for .com

11. Horshack

Horshack Membership: Community

Dropcatch.com seems to be the best bet for dropping .com domain names at the moment but pool.com used to be the best so it might be worth putting an order in across both and even Snapnames.