What's new

Netfleet Credit System

DavidL

Top Contributor
As you guys may have noticed, we've implemented some features on the site to get more exposure to your domains.

This is great because it means motivated sellers can pay a few cents to get their domains above the pack. It's also good because it means we can hope to finally make some revenue! :)

the options are pretty simple:

Featured Search Listing - this puts you at the top of the search results and highlights the original listing too (very useful for domains in pupular industries)
Featured Category Listing - this puts you at the top when people are browsing by category (top tip - very useful for categories with lots of domains in)
Spotlight Domains - same as we've always offered
Featured Email - we'll be sending out an email once a month to our nearly 2,000 members showcasing just 5 primo domains
Featured Domains - this gives a single domain exclusive homepage action

As always would appreciate any feedback, good or bad. Plus any bugs that you might come across!

Thanks guys

David

neddy

Top Contributor
As always would appreciate any feedback, good or bad. Plus any bugs that you might come across!

Hi David,

Congrats to you and Mark for the continuing evolution of Netfleet. You guys deserve to make some money for all your efforts!

My initial (hopefully constructive) response is:

1. I found the various options and how to purchase them a bit confusing at first. It took me a while to get my head around it all. Maybe that's just me though!

2. Personally I think your credits should be in lower denominations - 300 credits is just $3.00. You don't want to be like the Zimbabwean dollar where $Z25,000 = just $1! I think the simpler you can make it, the better your take up rate will be.

3. With regards your Spotlight Domains, you say " At any one time, there is a maximum limit of 12 domain names that appear on the home page". You currently have 16 on there. No big deal - just thought I'd point it out!

4. Finally, just a suggestion for a different category. There are a lot of people out there who have heaps of names - some of which may never sell because they are too hard to find (or some which are terrible names!). So what about a category for a portfolio sale? I am sure there are some people that would be grateful to take whatever they can get provided they quit a bunch of names. You could charge a fee for this type of listing, and it could make for some interesting bidding.

Good luck - and again, well done.

Cheers, Ned

DavidL

Top Contributor
Thanks for the feedback, Ned.

1) We have since yesterday made a few changes to how it works. I understand it was and probably still is a bit confusing. We'll keep making changes to make it easier to understand - was there anything specific you had problems with?

2) I see your point but it's a bit late now. Also we felt much happier giving every member 300 credits for free rather than a lousy 3 credits ;) We are well aware of the risks of hyperinflation and assure you we will act with absolute fiscal responsibility!

3) Well spotted! Yes we added another 4 onto Spotlights to fill up the space that appeared through adding the featured daily domain on the RHS. Thanks we'll fixde that up!

4) Yes we're probably at the stage where we can look at this now. It will be hard to integrate them into the search so maybe we offer as an additional service... so domains are still listed individually and can be bought individually but also be listed in a seperate portfolio are. One for the whiteboard!

Thanks again

David

3)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics