What's new

Netfleet Changes Seem Positive

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Just received an email notifying me of some of the changes at netfleet , the one i like the best is the offer is only valid for 7 days from now on. Soon see if people are really serious when they make an offer (buyer and seller)

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think this should be changed but the implementation of it is poor,

"10:00 AEDT Friday 14th January. Any offers that are over 7 days old, will automatically expire from that time, and you will no longer be able to accept that offer."

If an offer is due to expire on say Jan 28th that is when it should expire, not 14 days early, people are going to get caught out by this in my view particularly those on holiday or who don't fully read that email. It is changing the goal posts during the game.

Mark

Top Contributor
I think this should be changed but the implementation of it is poor,

"10:00 AEDT Friday 14th January. Any offers that are over 7 days old, will automatically expire from that time, and you will no longer be able to accept that offer."

If an offer is due to expire on say Jan 28th that is when it should expire, not 14 days early, people are going to get caught out by this in my view particularly those on holiday or who don't fully read that email. It is changing the goal posts during the game.

We're prepared to take the small hit on this. After analysis of current offers, and specifically the ones without a counter offer, we believe fallout would be minimal/non existent.

We don't want the confusion of two parallel but different time frames, especially as we will be rolling out a 7 day counter offer expiry at the same time.

On another note, please do let me know about any more features you want, specifically for standard catalogue listings. One thing we are working on is free text comments that get sent with offers/counter offers, and a more streamlined push to auction feature (I think you mentioned something on that over Christmas snoopy?)

Cheers, Mark

snoopy

Top Contributor
a more streamlined push to auction feature (I think you mentioned something on that over Christmas snoopy?)

Cheers, Mark

Yes, it is very cumbersome/badly integrated. I just pushed a name to auction, no idea if it has worked properly with the top offer as starting point especially with these offer expiration changes.

davids

Top Contributor
On another note, please do let me know about any more features you want, specifically for standard catalogue listings.

I'm still keen for a hyperlink to the domain/site for listings with developed websites on them! ;)

Mark

Top Contributor
Yes, it is very cumbersome/badly integrated. I just pushed a name to auction, no idea if it has worked properly with the top offer as starting point especially with these offer expiration changes.

Fair enough...it did.

I'm still keen for a hyperlink to the domain/site for listings with developed websites on them! ;)

Ha ha, just imagine the amount of new listings / suddenly developed sites we'd get if that was allowed!

davids

Top Contributor
Just make them a rel=nofollow or use JS or something for 'em! Just so when I click on a listing that say it has a developed site, I don't have to copy+paste the domain, I want to be able to just click a "view site" button or something!

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Just received an email notifying me of some of the changes at netfleet , the one i like the best is the offer is only valid for 7 days from now on. Soon see if people are really serious when they make an offer (buyer and seller)

This change was well overdue. 7 days is a good timeframe

Can we see how many different bidders are bidding but please? Show Bidder number?

Mark

Top Contributor
Just make them a rel=nofollow or use JS or something for 'em! Just so when I click on a listing that say it has a developed site, I don't have to copy+paste the domain, I want to be able to just click a "view site" button or something!

For info, rel=nofollow is no longer ignored http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/pagerank-sculpting/. Could use js, but without checking out every developed site, I wouldn't be too comfortable "endorsing" their site with a link!

This change was well overdue. 7 days is a good timeframe

Can we see how many different bidders are bidding but please? Show Bidder number?

Yes this is possible. I'll add it to the list!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo